Yajin Tensei: Karate Survivor in Another World - Ch. 1.1 - Goblin x Straw skirt x Me

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the effort. The translation is much better, although I can tell that English isn't your first language due to a few errors and some odd phrasing. For example, on page 5, it should be "Did you just call me a pain in the ass?", because the Simple Present form of the verb is used with "did". But these are minor issues.

Are you simply editing the existing translation, or are you picking this up to translate? I'm really interested in the manga and really wish someone would pick it up for good.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter! I couldn't read the other translation because it was so bad, but this series looks interesting, so I'm glad you picked it up! :)

@SeryjVolk Thanks for the feedback.

I'm translating it from scratch, but I can't promise you that I'll keep translating it, since I only wanted to make it popular enough to be picked up by some scanlation group, not to mention my japanese is not that good

Now that's what I like, a god acting like a god in command rather than saying sorry for accidentally killing you etc.

Dex-chan lover
@deerafl This is the kind of gods the old polytheism religions used to have: arrogant, capricious, unreasonable, often very unreliable, and generally speaking flawed in different ways, just like mortals. It of course reflected people's lives back then, when science didn't exist and the world was exceedingly ruthless. I'd say it's far more interesting than a monotheism. Under monotheism, people's lives were just as shitty, yet their god was supposed to be omnipotent and omniscient. So, the lives were shitty because the single god wanted them to live shitty lives, not because the many gods in a polytheism just couldn't make the world a better place. Of course in our modern times it doesn't matter anymore. Religion has become just culture and tradition. In that sense facing a real, annoying polytheism god would be twice the shock.

Wow gotta say some guy down there really have a beef against god cause he's saying as if he met god well everyone has different ideologies so i cant do anything about that but man as a person who believes in god i can't agree with him 😅

Users who are viewing this thread