Yakuza Reincarnation - Yakuza Princess of Another World -

Thankfully, @NecroMac Gramps-chan (btw love that, totally gonna use that from now on) has shown a willingness to use anything but violence where applicable, so I feel like this kind of well-rounded character is perfectly up to the task of not getting stale. Sometimes, you just gotta knock someone's lights out to prove a point, though. Plus, eventually, like always, Gramps-chan will struggle. It may not be in a fight, it may be some other way, perhaps emotionally, but there will be some kind of struggle. So, I for one am perfectly content to kick back and enjoy the hell out of this ride.

Remember to keep hands and feet inside the ride at all times. Or Gramps-chan might chop 'em off!

Is there a translation reason that the drug went from "Dusk" to "Demon Encounter"? I know the translator changed, but it seems like a weird change to make, especially because "Demon Encounter" is a really clumsy name for a drug.

MC is typical japanese laidback fag, doing nothing till things fuck up.
You see some ugly motherfucker that behaves like demon, what you gonna do, play Batman and send him to asylum again and again?
Retarded shit.

Grim, Dark, Fecked, and grimey

Finally an isekai that isn't afraid to tackle the topics that are so often avoided.

Good stuff!

le3

Dex-chan lover
I'm so GAR for Ryuu, I want to bear her descendants even though I'm a man uwu

Demon look demonic doing demonic stuff, man, when the last time I read in fantasy manga where demon is still demon....

Dex-chan lover
Chapter until now : 12.

I love it. It's an Isekai with the Mc being an old yakuza reincarnated into another world's princess (so gender bender) and being OP. Like, really, REALLY OP. The premise seems... God damn chaotic for me but... It works. IT ACTUALLY WORKS!

It's so smoothly done. The strongest point being... Mc. Badass without doing it too much, he already had some fighting experience before so this new body is pure bliss for him (An old school Yakuza + magic = Good justification for immense strength and fighting experience), the gap between his new appearance and wisdom is quite large too and make it even more enjoyable. I just enjoy it thoroughly because, even if it works quite fine for the old man
and even if it's quite generic with the obvious "Go slay the Demon King"
, I think we can all agree that this so damn well done it should be illegal. I don't care what other might say, I consider it to be pretty great.

Love it. So good.

The translation on this has gotten pretty out there. It's kind hard to follow some of it.

Dex-chan lover
@Magikal_Maggs
Then what's the deal with genderswap anyway? He could be reincarnated as a shota which would make no difference. Is it only the Genderswap hypetrain nowadays?
In genderswap mangas I expect content with a lot of embarrassment or at least comedy like Magical Trans! 😁

@monkey123
tf..
flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@monkey123
Prepare for a long one.

The thing is... Most gender swap stories just "transform a guy into a pretty lady" and mostly use it in the comedy genre. Just like "Magical Trans", "Onii-chan is done for", etc... Not saying that it is good or bad. Just saying it's repetitive.

The only story that I saw where it was used as the core of a serious story was "Transjister". Go read it but it possesses self harm and other grim stuff. And I don't enjoy it much. Bad memories.

Here in "Yakuza Reincarnation", however, the Gender swap really does a wonderful job because it is used in a different way than normal :
Not in a "I'm a virgin/overly conscious dude that never saw a naked female body in muh life..
It was used to accentuate the gap between the supposedly young and frail body of a pure and innocent princess that rarely saw the outside world and the merciless acts of an old strategist, expert in fighting both with Hand-to-hand, sword-skill (and probably more) Yakuza. It makes the actions stand out even more and make him seems even MORE Badass.

You could say that a shota could have also worked... But not on the same degree as the princess body.
Actually, it's way better with the princess because it breaks so many tropes of both the Isekai and Gender Swap genres.
Because actually, most of the people writing a story wish to stand out when compared to the same kinds of story.
I mean, HOW MANY generic Isekais have you seen? With the same "MC OP AF" twist? With the same story arcs? With the same Harem? I've seen plenty myself.

Point is, I don't just blindly like the Gender Swap in this manga without a proper reason. I actually love how it was used and how it made the story a bit more unique compared to most of the Isekais out there.
It blends in very well when you think about how the other ingredients were pretty scary at first.
You can't just mix in some popular tags and just consider it "Ez Money" without putting in some efforts. And here, the author put the god damn effort to make it all work pretty well.

Also, tf...?

uhg i was hoping the dumb knight would be forgotten

still amazing chapter thoe was hoping the princess would face the guy and finally struggle with something

Users who are viewing this thread