Yamada and Kase-san. - Ch. 31 - Hickey and Kase-san (part 2)

Dex-chan lover
Well Kase, you were dead wrong about her not liking you... I'm actually laughing.

But man, I really feel bad for Yamada. She was looking forward to living together with her girlfriend. And Kase's reasoning was beyond dumb. There's no logic to paying attention to Fukami's request. Fukami was just as bad, trying to confess to Kase, when she knows that Kase is dating someone (ofc she thought it's a boy). At this point, the only thing that would make Fukami redeem herself is if she's from a rich family and after this damn race, she helps Yamada get a new apartment. And even then that's just the start.

Dex-chan lover
As a compensation for making me go through kase shitty character, I want the author to draw a chapter titled 'not kase and yamada'

Fed-Kun's army
Here is how this is gonna go: The race will go forward, Yamada will show up. During the race, Fukami will see how Yamada and Kase look at eachother, realize they're dating, and throw the race. Everyone who reads the manga will be annoyed that we just spent like a whole year on this plot line

Dex-chan lover
Eh, this felt wrong in so many ways. Like why do Kase even think it’s ok to do what she’s doing. And what’s up with Yamada just accepting that, she’s been looking forward to it for so long, just to have Kase put it up to an unrelated competition. Is Yamada worth so little in her eyes? This isn’t at all about jealousy, it feels so poorly written.

What’s the deal with bringing up the confession in the end anyway? Hope she’s getting rejected really hard, this whole thing feels so stupid :win:

Dex-chan lover
Here is how this is gonna go: The race will go forward, Yamada will show up. During the race, Fukami will see how Yamada and Kase look at eachother, realize they're dating, and throw the race. Everyone who reads the manga will be annoyed that we just spent like a whole year on this plot line
That or some other weird ultimatum. If Kase takes Fukami's confession seriously and still races, she's absurd. The girl just confessed her love, it can't be clearer what Fukami means by keeping you in the dorms. At that point it couldn't be more obvious that racing would put her relationship to Yamada at the whim of a competition. But this is how it's gone until now so it'll likely happen again.

Dex-chan lover
While I wasn't satisfied with Kase's attitude I can kind of understand some things.
It's the first time they have a deep conversation about their feelings of fear and jealousy before suffering alone for a long time.
Yamada was up and said what was bothering her. I think Kase calm answer also helped Yamada to calm down and understand that for Kase there is not other girls besides her. And Kase laid back concern about the whole things kinda shows she is very certain she will not lose the race. Kase is the character type that loves her friends and is the typical good girl, she wants to maintain her friends so she will do this shit just so she doesn't hurt and lose Fukami friendship. Yamada should have said she was sad about losing the apartment or asked Kase to don't do it, I think Kase would heard Yamada. However how it was, Yamada only expressed jealousy and Kase replied reassuring her.
It's frustrating how the manga takes so long to move but it's the magazine fault I guess, since it's released once every two or three months, so it feels like a long time when we read the news chapters.
Anyway, I have seen a lot awful characters, toxic main characters so I don't think Kase should be judged like the worst main character 😅

Dex-chan lover
Bitch gonna get the biggest rejection of her life. And what a deadeye confession it is, no emotion, nothing. It's like she do because of a bet and notof actual feelings. Not to mention, that's still not a valid reason to keep her from leaving (if there was even a vaild reason to begin with), like (pretenting Kase was single) what she would have done if Kase reject her but she she beat Kase and keep her here ? Leaving together awkwardly ?
She is selfish, she only think of her own and not considering one second that Kase might have others plan.
Kase is also in the wrong, hard, for also accepting everything and going with the flow, losing the apartment that Yamada found that as she worded out, was perfect for both of them. As somoene that searched houses'n'shit for a while (several months), this was more painful to me way fucking more than it should have, especially because
we were used as bait by the agency for another couple that brought the apartment literallty 5 minutes before we were supposed to block the apartment. Thanks to the agent that asked us to meet us 15 minutes earlier "by mistake" and making us show up as potential buyers to the other couple that were checking out the house (Probably even for a higher price than us).

I blame to the mangaka for going for this route at all, a similar arc with way more realistic (or not this stupid) motif could've been handled but no. If I remember well this isn't the first time that "everyone wants to see it happen" and/or "Kase just going with the flow" happened either.
A Kase being scary of actually living together is something I could see it happen. I wanted to see Yamada being furious here and I all got was something out of Stockholm Syndrome but It may be me misinterpreted it because I'm boiling with anger.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I honestly applauded when yamada admitted she was jealous. Whether jealousy is good or bad, the first step to working through those feelings is admitting you have them, especially where it really counts.

Okay, explosion of emotions over, back to my corner when I came from.

Dex-chan lover
LOL of course

but here's hoping she rejects her as fast as she said it cause holy shit is this arc dragging like hell and i just want it over already

like damn is this girl just annoying dont even see her and here she comes "i love you" LOL please get rejected as soon and the next ch starts

Dex-chan lover
Yes but part of why it's bad writing is because it's so clear that Fukami is a stepping stone, from a mechanical standpoint. As you said Fukami is barely even a character. She is a plot point and it's very transparent, which generally creates a bad experience in the audience. Most of the time, they don't like seeing the inner workings this clearly. The way the situation has been handled is the issue, not just the situation.

And it would be otherworldly if Fukami actually was anything more than a stepping stone. Could you imagine if Kase started to seriously consider staying with Fukami? Ha. At that point I think I'd laugh and keep reading for the fun of it. I've never actually expected Fukami to be anything to the story.

But yeah I've continued mainly based on built up good will from the earlier portions of the story (mainly the first version). I agree about the art etc. I can easily just pretend this arc didn't happen but not if this next chapter continues this obvious plot point even longer.
Yeah I liked the prequel a lot too, that's also a driving force for me to keep reading this (though i'm not forcing myself to).
But Kase considering to stay with Fukami would be pretty chaotic for the story I think, since there's a clear desire from Kase and Yui to live together and Yui is kinda bothered by Fukami's presence (jealousy and stuff y'know). But I think because we already reached this point Fukami is kinda "forced" to be a stepping stone, I have no idea how she could be redeemed as a character at this point. But nonetheless it is a pretty interesting idea lol.

I imagine if the author made some adjustments beforehand like making Fukami confess before Kase's announcement (of leaving the dorms) or just making Fukami not challenge her to a race would make this point in the story less.. badly written.
But, who am I to judge? I have no experience when it comes to writing stories I only have my humble opinions lol.

Dex-chan lover
This story has become such ass, it should have ended at Asagao to Kase-san.
In my opinion the story was pretty good leading up to this point. This whole thing of Fukami challenging Kase to a race is such a bad idea. Like c'mon Kase just refuse her it's your life get your priorities straight we're talking about living together with your lover it's a pretty important thing, especially compared to some roommate. Although 1 thing I have to complain about is Yui and Kase's lack of proper communication. There would've been so many less problems and anxieties if they fucking talked about their complaints/problems/feelings.

Dex-chan lover
Love to see so many people voicing their opinions and complaints, it makes for a fun comment section.
It's a shame the author won't be able to see this comment section, let alone understand it since y'know we're talking in English and not Japanese 😓
I think they could definitely use this criticism

Dex-chan lover
Biiiiitch get rejected HAH you have the balls to confess to someone with a hickey
Man do I hate you

Dex-chan lover
I guess I count myself in the minority here because while I am annoyed at the whole Fukami business I do like how assertive Yamada is being in this chapter. She's finally opening up about all buried emotions she's been keeping in. And Kase seems into this empowered flower child which is nice to see. Also the Fukami confession if nothing else completely validates Yui's apprehension of her (If you recall the doubts that Yamada and Kase had for each other were unfounded)
Also, damn this is hot.
Capturejjggg.png

Users who are viewing this thread