Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Ch. 153 - Three Good Friends

Dex-chan lover
It's probably necessary drama. At the very least, we'd finally get a test of that aromantic theory that pops up now and then.
Yeah...you probably right. It's Chii-chan we're talking about. She never take things seriously.

Dex-chan lover
You know, I don't care what you guys say, Inuyama is such a dick. The dude also has incel thought patterns.
I disagree

Firstly, Inuyama isn’t a dick he just a) has no filter and b) he’s with his bros so he’s even more free than usual. We already know that he can be nice and supportive when it matters, and it’s pretty clear that he’s a little jealous that Seto is ahead of him romantically.

Secondly, Inuyama isn’t an incel, he’s more of a straight up perv. The stuff he’s saying isn’t necessarily hateful, in fact it’s somewhat realistic. Seto and Toki have both kind of just accepted the status quo, and he’s knocking them back to the reality that things change and nobody knows what the future holds, so they can’t just be content with the way things are.

Dex-chan lover
gad I hope Chii is actually aromantic and not just the usual late bloomer/oblivious person

Dex-chan lover
Two things ...

Every once in a while I just want to punch Inuyama in the left nut. Just a tap ... I mean it will be a tap with all the strength I can muster because my guy was grating on my nerves this chapter.

Also, the brother-zone is ten times worse than the friend-zone. At least a friend can still get it if you are in the right place at the right time and she is in the mood. But a brother can never get it ... ever. Then again this is Japan so maybe the brother-zone has a BIG in here, LOL.

Dex-chan lover
Wtf, Inuyama. He just pulled a shotgun and brought down everyone with him, even took a shot at us all. Even if it meant hurting himself in his confusion, as we all know he would totally be on those manga discussions and always sport an anime pfp and chat like it!! J'accuse !

This chapter was dedicated to Toyoda bros. It was sweet to learn tho how much the confession impacted her. It's in the bag!

Tokio's got the spirit: exposure. From what I recall, it wasn't so much a rejection of him but more that Chisa never gave much thought about romance so far. But seeing Seto and Anjou started to make her wonder if she was missing anything.

Dex-chan lover
I just love how these three guys are involved in romances of increasing difficulty like a game: Easy mode (Seto), Normal mode (Inuyama) and Hard mode (Tokio).

Yeah, Seto is on easy mode. It's just that Seto himself is the biggest obstacle to his romance, considering how much effort Anjou has had to go through to get him to develop to this level from when the manga began.

That makes it the opposite for the girls: Anjou on Hard mode, Toyoda on Normal mode and Chii on Easy mode (if she ever wanted to, but I'm not seeing signs of that).

I've never head of "Hanahaki" before, but that Wiktionary link shared by someone is pretty interesting. I thought it was another term for BSS (a.k.a "NTR-lite" due to no established romantic relationship, or just good 'ol painful jealousy), but turned out to be different.
Anjou is definitely on easy mode, but she just self sabotages (sabotaged before the very latest chapters?) so hard to make it difficult for herself and probably to up the runtime. Setou is uncomfortable and inconfident, not unwilling or uncooperative. Just increase the consistency of your affection and not the stakes to give him a modicum of assurance and you're golden in a jiffy. The fact that she was just fucking with him at the start, but changed objective without clearly changing her methods doesn't do her any favors, either. They're both in easy waters, but the other sabotages any progress and the other just hunkers down at the mixed messages lol.

Toyoda is on the not-a-zone, because she hasn't even really decided on intent, but just responded to Inuyama's (but pretty favourably at that).

Tokio is on hard, to say the least, as Chii is trying to ignore the whole thing and hang on to status quo as if her life depended on it. That's one hard bomb to defuse, even if he knew what we know. Conversely, Chii has it hard, as she can't even win with herself and as was laid out, that's a hard one.

Users who are viewing this thread