Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Ch. 153 - Three Good Friends

Dex-chan lover
Wahoo, that's another step on Chii-Tokio relationship :wooow: Hopefully we get to see more of Chii and Tokio next chapter

Inu's such a fun character. Makes you wonder how much better a series with him as a main male presence could have been rather than with Seto…
Not that much better, I think?
Thing is that while Inuyama's a fun character to follow along now, his introduction was not the all that likable. He was a sex-obsessed shallow character who didn't have any redeeming qualities until it was shown that he takes art (and only art) seriously. With how he was written at first, he needed Seto to soften the introduction.
On the other hand, Seto IIRC was introduced as just a white-bread-shy-and-awkward character. Seto was easier to not-hate compared to Inu.
While yes, with enough modification it can and will work but at that point we're talking Theseus Ship kind of situation.

Dex-chan lover
Inu's such a fun character. Makes you wonder how much better a series with him as a main male presence could have been rather than with Seto…
I've never seen a character that was made principally for comic relief be able to support the narrative as a protagonist-- they were literally made for comic relief, and they're the way they are because of that role.

His value (and thus, your impression of him) is also partly derived from his contrast with Seto.

The one braincell
"One braincell in three persons"

Dex-chan lover
Damn inuyama can't catch a break. He doesn't have it bad as Tokio but considering Tokio can easily move on to someone else and inuyama can't, maybe he does. I think it's going to be awhile before we get a confrontation between him and toyoda but I get the feeling when it finally does happen, it's gonna blow seto and anjous moment out of the water. Both Toyoda and inuyama are artists after all and one thing for certain about artistic types: we're a bunch of freaks lol.

Dex-chan lover
Author decided to blueball main pairing until 113, place your bet on Toyo and Inu.

Dex-chan lover
In certain professions, definitely. That can definitely be said about anywhere in the world though. Anjous mom is a beautician and she seems to have a fairly normal balance between work and home.

That said, I've worked some brutal hours before in the past too (12 hours daily, 60 hour weeks). Even during that time I still made time for the people I cared about. The reason it fails for alot of people is because it takes two to tango. If one person doesn't care to make the effort or expects the other person to carry all the weight, the whole thing falls apart.
I used to work 70-80 hr weeks and still made time to talk to my gf when I got home from work. Plus I would never do that year after year, you would wreck your body and your mental health.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
What is hanahaki?
Not that hard to google up:
A fictional illness in which a person bearing an unrequited love coughs up flower petals until they die or their feelings are reciprocated. The disease can also be cured by a surgical procedure that removes the flowers, but this will result in them losing their feelings of affection and all memories of the person they loved.

Poor Seto, getting all that heat and discouragement just for trying to cheer on them. Well, i'm still interested in why Anjou took to Seto in the first place, so hopefully his insecurities will give author a chance to cover it before the smooth sailing.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Something that's touched on here but never explicitly expressed, is the truly excellent job that Katou does of simultaneously delivering multiple aspects of multiple types of romance, insecurity, growth and humor. I've seen it in a few other manga(and plenty that attempt but fall short), but not always as seamlessly when it comes to the interactions of the MCs and their "supporting" characters. While I'll never question Seto and Anjou being the MCs, the "side" pairings contribute so much in perspective and development, even in chapters the MCs don't appear in; so much so that at times it feels like a true ensemble "performance".

Group Leader
That said, I've worked some brutal hours before in the past too (12 hours daily, 60 hour weeks)
You have your points, but as an Asian, I just wanted to point out that this only sounds brutal to a very small subset of occupations... maybe admin work? Higher management? Otherwise, it's the norm if not on the lower side if you're in technical jobs. Or maybe my environment is just messed up idk.

Dex-chan lover
Seto was just on the right track with Anna, and then Inuyama just HAD to fill his head with all of that

Now we're back to square 1 with the insecurities 🤦🏾‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread