Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Ch. 170 - Chita-san Wants to Eat Potteto

Fed-Kun's army
One thing Dragon Quest Dai and Tokyo Ghoul re taught me, is that any "annoying" character can turn out to be awesome if the author knows how to properly develop it.

Her development could turn out to be very good once it stops to be a one-dimensional gag character, the question is how long the author will take to reach that.
Damn tokyo ghoul one hell of a manga but rushed so bad that the ending just lacking.

Hmmmmm it seems Chii-chan es becoming aware that Tokyo has a limit and might stop liking her if someone who is ACTUALLY SANE gets to know him and close to him... that was jealousy! or maybe she was just being childish again... I just hope this is the beginning of her development arc... cuz ohh god isn't she freaking annoying!

Dex-chan lover
Chi isn't a bad character because she isn't developing romantically. She would be a fine character even if she was completely openly against romance.

Chi is a bad character because of everything she did in this chapter. Her three main behaviors are being aggressive, binge eating, and doing creepy pick up artist moves on girls to confuse them. She has solved every situation she has been in in this manga with those three gimmicks.

She's a Daffy Duck when everyone else in the series is written like they are from the Breakfast Club.

Dex-chan lover
Only development in this chapter, is that now every knows about the second couple. That's it.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, this is good character development for chita. She’s now beginning to realize tokio is a desirable guy that’s gonna get snatched up unless she does something. She’s still stuck in the bubble she was in when it was just her, anjou and toyoda which is understandable. I personally think it’s gonna take something big for her to truly understand that things are changing. Something like all of them going on a trip, the couples start doing couple stuff and her becoming the third wheel.

Dex-chan lover
Chii-chan really played herself with that foodie-friend comment she made XD

Honestly, this is good character development for chita. She’s now beginning to realize tokio is a desirable guy that’s gonna get snatched up unless she does something. She’s still stuck in the bubble she was in when it was just her, anjou and toyoda which is understandable. I personally think it’s gonna take something big for her to truly understand that things are changing. Something like all of them going on a trip, the couples start doing couple stuff and her becoming the third wheel.
Pretty much my thoughts. I can forsee either of the 2 happening in the future chapters based on current chapter's events:
  1. she takes it as a reassurance from Tokio that nothing will ever change between them no matter what happens (which means there will never be any real progress in their relationship)
  2. she feels this situation in the restaurant was the last nail in the coffin. Her, Anjou and Toyo (probably) grew up together and were pretty much besties. Now however she is the only one stuck in their childhood-ish past and it hurts being left alone. It is there that she actually begins to feel grateful to Tokio for sticking up with her despite her childish whims (something that may eventually become romantic feelings for him later down the road) and moves on

All that being said I despise current image of her and her image from 1st option. 2nd option makes her barely passable as a member of the main cast and even then many people will still be pissed that her development wasn't foreshadowed in any way at all

Dex-chan lover
Thanks a lot for the translations, but I think you should just don't waste your time on chapter like this tho.

Dex-chan lover
And just like that Chii's mental age went from 3 to 6! She might be a full-fledged stupid teenager in 100 more chapters!
Joking aside, I actually enjoyed Chii this chapter for once. I think I'm starting to see why the author (seems to) like writing about her. Her awareness is trickling in bit by bit. It's not her fault her brain is so smooth that it just gets drained to her stomach for digestion.

Group Leader
Another Chii chapter and another not so big relationship step... I think she took like 10 steps backwards this time 💀

Dex-chan lover
Thought it was some character development for a change, but nope, just a setup for a usual gag.

Dex-chan lover
Alright, I'm temporarily dropping this. I'll come back and finish it once it ends, which may take a while.

Dex-chan lover
Did you see the way she grabbed that girl's chin (a total stranger, mind you) and got all close while calling her 'my dear pussycat' and 'little kitten'?

Not saying she's completely gay, but anyone who thinks she's straight at this point isn't paying attention. :ROFLMAO:

Also the 'Men are all jerks anyway' comment, along with the 'NTR' stuff, might be her joking around but, as the saying goes, a lot of truth is said in jest.
That incelly smell of someone incelly.

Users who are viewing this thread