Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Ch. 172 - Toyoda-san is Afraid of Prep Schools

Dex-chan lover
That is so ass backwards. The ones doing poorly need the most direction because, clearly, they aren't getting it. I mean, what is someone who is getting it so wrong that it would be a "waste" of time to teach going to learn from what the teacher says to a top performer? If you struggle with long division, hearing how to calculate the limit of a function is only going to confuse you more.

The ones that are excelling are good enough that they can critique themselves or form a peer review group. They would be the ones most suited for limited guidance.

You're not wrong, but this isn't a regular art school for people who want to learn how to make art, this is a pre-school for university exams, it's an intensive course to polish their art withing limited time.

Dex-chan lover
She just needs to help him relieve some "tension" before they do class

post nut clarity Inuyama probably sweeps the entire art class

Dex-chan lover
Not sure why some people think the art critique process is unfair or anything. I doubt they have time to go through every single one every single day, so the plan is probably to always review half.
You can do this w/o explicitly ranking the students - select a small subset of sketches and run constructive critique (what they did well and how they could improve) on those to model crit - b/c the goal of critique is largely to teach students what they're supposed to be looking for - then break them up into groups to run peer critique & do a run down on their take aways.

Dex-chan lover
Would be interesting if Inuyama’s poor performance actually has nothing to do with Toyoda. This could be his own personal hurdle, a wall that he’s encountering for the first time. Maybe he’s experiencing a block.

There’s a panel where his eyes go blank, maybe he no longer sees the eroticism in the objects that has brought him this far? This arc could be about him discovering a new source of inspiration, most likely through Toyoda.

Aggregator gang
A lot of people forget, "things tend to be most beautiful when they are just out of reach". The fact that he thirsted as hard as he did before kind of fueled his passion for life. Now that he's landed a beautiful girlfriend, his drive and focus are completely off center. Remember that he only started to slip AFTER he got an answer to his confession.

Dex-chan lover
Let me guess. He was too nervous to get anything on the paper. So at best, there's some basic lines vaguley resembling the objects to be drawn.
Nah, he 100% messed up on purpose to show toyoda that even if you get the worst sketch, you won't get chewed up and embarassed by the teacher, easing up her insecurities, the problem is that she'll obviously catch up on that and feel guilty she's holding him back because of her insecurities.

Aggregator gang
Nah, he 100% messed up on purpose to show toyoda that even if you get the worst sketch, you won't get chewed up and embarassed by the teacher, easing up her insecurities, the problem is that she'll obviously catch up on that and feel guilty she's holding him back because of her insecurities.
Heavily doubt it. Their art instructor was double-taking at Inuyama's work in a prior chapter. He definitely noticed something was off.

Dex-chan lover
yeah in ch 168 I think the teacher noticed that he was having problems.

Dex-chan lover
Is it just me or does anyone else think that artschools are generally not that great for artists?

Contributor
Maybe Inuyama's also nervous, or maybe he deliberately did worse on this one so Toyoda wouldn't feel bad: but if he did , I think it's going to backfire: Because if her boyfriend who she acknowledges has a talent for art didn't make the cut... what more for herself who she evaluates as worse than him; it's just going to do a number on what's left of her self-esteem.

Another take on this as pointed out by others is that his talent is tied to his pervyness that he is now suppressing, which is why he now appears to be falling into a slump. It likely falls to Toyoda if she can help him break out of it by reminding him of things about himself he has forgotten/changed. In that case, this is also an early test for their relationship as much as it is a test for their own talents.

Users who are viewing this thread