Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Vol. 1 Ch. 14 - Anjou-san and Seto-kun

Double-page supporter
He's right though, at least about the cup thing.
Just because something is "new" and "fresh" it doesn't mean that the "old" and "used" one loses its value. Especially if we are talking about people and relationships.
But I guess that's a shitty analogy, even though it wasn't Seto who started it. They are in high school so I don't really expect much out of anyone here.

@Balenol

One of the things I like about this episode is that Seto's eyes get to play an important part for Anjou to show attachment towards Seto. For most of the episode, Seto's eyes are being blocked by text bubbles, by the angle of the frame or the eyes just not being drawn. The other characters also don't get any shots of their eyes. By not showing the eyes we are shown that Anjou doesn't have any attachment or interest towards Seto or the other characters. Only when Seto responds to the metaphor do we get to see Seto's eyes for the first time in a panel and that reveal also shows us when Anjou finally "sees" Seto.

In manga, really all media, its a common trope for someone to say something significant and get some face reaction panels and that happens a lot in this manga as well because it's effective. This iteration is one of the better ones because the earlier panels also play a role in emphasizing the eventual eyes reveal. When an author or artist can use multiple tools to emphasize a single point, it will be more effective and significant for the audience.

Dex-chan lover
It's not even established that she's "used goods." Rather that it's a stereotype that Gyarus tend to be promiscuous and sleep around, and so the rumor would naturally extend to her. @Naxrrhid

Double-page supporter
@Omegacalgar
I hadn't noticed that at all! And it just made the entire chapter that more satisfying after realizing this. Thank you for pointing that out.

Dex-chan lover
So she has kind of unclear feelings? Well she likes him cmon author dont make it so cryptic.

I really like Anjou-san.

Still the mc is ... I wish he was at least smart i guess cuz hes just too normal and a real pushover still i can kind of get why she likes him but at the same time hes just ..... well still people are weird and ive known people in RL that took an inerest in someone for even more mundane stuff so whatever but still mc needs to stop freaking out about everything.

Double-page supporter
@Ezloklap No one is “over analyzing” anything. Most of it is pretty obvious and intentionally done by the author. Just because you like to self-insert doesn’t mean you have to project it on everyone else and claim the manga is wish fulfillment just because of what YOU do.

Dex-chan lover
In a way im really disapointed with the reason that started all this and what she feels about him. Idk... maybe i was expecting something more grand. What he said shouldnt be rewarded, should instead be common sense, but i suppose thats my personal opinion... in general that might be really rare.

Users who are viewing this thread