Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Vol. 5 Ch. 59 - Toyoda-san is Shy

Power Uploader
Thanks for translation, little error on page 8, last panel:
it has to me - missed "be"

Double-page supporter
@Pollomonteros @DecimaA @el_ilm
"Got them to leave" & "did to this site" is an exaggeration, if not outright incorrect. Those groups were going to leave anyways because they thought MD was hurting their bottom line. Facepalm called them (specifically Hartigarm) out for begging for donations on the basis of scanlating being essentially free, supposing to be a hobby and it being illegal and immoral to profit off of someone else's work. That was one of the many catalysts to something that was always going to happen, not the cause. Holo compiled a picture of the actual cause.

If you're going to complain about Facepalm, shit talk them for being late and ironic or whatever else. Not for something they didn't do; they're not responsible for other groups throwing fits. Those groups were throwing a bitchfit because MD wouldn't bend over for them. They wanted money plain and simple.
Original leaving thread.

And now they will fuck off again for several weeks, insult anybody who asks them anything on discord and come back after someone else starts translating to discourage them.

@imamassivefaggot umad?

1585476207.jpg

@Patware @el_ilm If you want consistent, reliable translation, convince the publisher to release it in English, and then buy it from them. Or pay some immoral ass on 4chan to steal and profit from the artist's work.

@imamassivefaggot I'm waiting to see that the insults in Discord. There's plenty of banter, but most of it is directed at the team.

Dex-chan lover
Or pay some immoral ass on 4chan to steal and profit from the artist's work.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
What you think these past translations from /a/ were made for profit and not because some anon was sick of waiting for facepalm?
And are you really going to claim that they are the ones that want money, when we have evidence in this very thread that most of the big scanlation groups try to extort money from people with patreon bux?

This group only cares about drama.
As long as we keep giving them attention they will keep delaying the chapters.
They only release when they think someone else will take the spotlight from them. That's their whole MO. They didn't attack Hatigarm because they cared about the sanctity of scanlations, they did it because it would generate a ton of drama.
And no I am not defending any group that begs for donations this site is a better place without the bunch of them that left.
TL;DR: Don't bother insulting or engaging with Facepalm staff unless you don't want new chapters.

@imamassivefaggot

Unfortunately, you're incorrect. We really don't give a shit about whoever is releasing this shit, they're welcome to do so.

We release whenever the chapter is done. Work on said chapters gets done whenever the people working on it feel like doing something. We do not operate on any sort of fixed or predictable schedule.

However, it does appear that you might be slightly mad.

1585522789.jpg

So i noone gonna talk about how great this relationship or chapter is? Like, this is better than the main story.

Dex-chan lover
Oh my god, those two are gonna cause some sort of metabolic problem for me. Too sweet for consumption to dead, cold hearts. Thanks for the chapter!

In other news, why is there always a buttmad competition about fans releasing translated chapters of random chinese cartoons(read: comics)? I'll admit, that I'm not too much in the know about the intricacies of this hobby, but it's always just too esoteric for me to wrap my head around. Some release quick and dirty chapter for the impatient reader, some spend more time for accuracy/quality/schedule/whatever-they-please and release chapters later. It's just the same for camrip/HDrip comparisons. This site hosts multiple scans of chapters at the same time and fan translators rarely have paid customers or professional environment. So to my understanding: no group or person has any claim for any series (except for work they have done, fuck parasites), nor do they have any debt towards any of us readers. Could somebody open up this paradigm a bit for me, if I'm missing something more or less obvious?

Dex-chan lover
@Qwormuli It's about the time and dedication you put. Camrip/hdrip is not a bad comparison, but not great either. First, it applies only to movies, afaik (never seen a camrip tv show), which don't release as often as a manga. Also, by definition "rip" is only the quality of the video. Say, the scan itself. But not the cleaning, translating, etc.

You have a group that's putting time and effort into doing something, and then all of a sudden someone else comes to do the same thing. It's not a collaboration, not even healthy competition. They're literally doing something that's already being done. It splits the readers into the 2 groups you discuss, which means there's less returns for the group (and I don't mean money, even a thanks goes a long way, or just knowing there's people waiting for you).
Also, maybe the group picked up this manga cause it was unknown, but "if someone else is gonna do it, we might as well work on a different one". And that generates even more problems.

I'm not saying this is mature, or right or anything, but I'd say it's the general train of thought.

Users who are viewing this thread