Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Vol. 5 Ch. 63 - Do Your Best at the Contest, Toyoda-san

Dex-chan lover
I really don't care for this arc. Toyoda is fun, but Inuyama really sucks. None of his good parts make up for his bullshit.

Dex-chan lover
>using your mascot char audition to complain about your bf being horny while also complimenting him as a confession
galaxy brain

Fed-Kun's army
That bit at the end with the Tazzie Devil-chan close up "gimme that" cracked me up for some reason. Just randomly placed half realistic stuff in among all the cutesy anthropomorphised stuff, so like gap moe but with comedy, gap comedy?

This whole art arc really does look like creepy dude will be in so long as he can resist staring at her tits so much, eh?

Dex-chan lover
OMG, Toyoda is totes cute. Inuyama, well, is the stereotypical horny, awkward teen which really makes him the odd person out of the group. Hopefully as the story gets back to Seto and Anjou there will be a bit of Inuyama growing up in the background.

Dex-chan lover
Idk why people complaining about Inuyama, it still sticking to his bullshit but its way better than at the start, nice chara growth.

Dex-chan lover
I actually quite like the side couple, they've come a long way and quite well. But it would be nice if there was more focus on the main characters.

Dex-chan lover
All the characters have some kind of hangup, including the girls. Inuyama is actually a really well done character. He's the inverse of Seto. Inuyama is very confident and honest about what he's thinking, and he is also really self-aware of his own actions. A good example is in ch59 when he thought, "I think I've butted in too much," but he does it a lot. His major problem is he is over confident about his own unlikability, and so he overplays it as an immature defense mechanism.

I like how he slots in with the others. It's nice to see a pervy character who is not one dimensional, and not just there for comic relief fodder like in most manga.

Dex-chan lover
tfw your side characters are more interesting than your main characters

a lot of people are complaining about getting to see the side couple get development and not the main couple, but this is actually a great sign! a lot of manga will finish the side arcs before they give the main arc any meaningful progress. hopefully these chapters mean that we'll be seeing some serious seto/anjou progress in the near future.

side note: this chapter was really cute, looking forward to a confession soon!

I miss Toyoda from the first chapters where she looked more like "Onee-san cool" ... now she’s just an shy Gyaru who likes cute things ... it’s kind of boring.

Users who are viewing this thread