Yande Kita Mahou Shoujo no Nichijou - Ch. 14 - The Neighbouring Town's Magical Girl and Illness...

Contributor
You either die early or live on to develop significant psychological issues as a magical girl in this universe.
Makes me wonder why there werent any more understanding or preparedness when it happened to our main girl.
Maybe the leadership had them all use suicide magic before it became widely known :fml:

Dex-chan lover
It's a completely different kind of pain reading characters say things that aren't completely wrong on themselves but still completely miss the point. Making it painfully evident that they can't understand them and how apart their worlds are, painfully aware of how useless and frustrating any attempt they make at helping is.

I really think no one can help, the most they can do is buy time and hope/pray/beg for her to eventually, maybe, someday get better on her own.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, survivorship bias. All the weaker ones die/retire early using "that", while the stronger ones live/fight on without having to rely on it. So overall from a distance, it appears that magical girls are stronger than the actual true average, and out is born an inferiority complex that fuels the desperation to use "that". And the cycle begins anew.

Though the amount who use "that" severely is probably rare in actuality... right?

Group Leader
is the manager also a teenager? like... there's no adult around this magical girl soldier to guide them?

Dex-chan lover
Huh, so she actually managed to change.
Good for her.
Meanwhile that manager still need some bitch slap.

Dex-chan lover
This may just be my interpretation, but when her kouhai abruptly cheered up and apologized out of nowhere, she probably resolved herself to die right then and there. (Sometimes suicidal people IRL suddenly get happier once they've firmly decided to die.)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This may just my interpretation, but when her kouhai abruptly cheered up and apologized out of nowhere, she probably resolved herself to die right then and there. (Sometimes suicidal people IRL suddenly get happier once they've firmly decided to die.)
That's a thing, but I don't think it happened in that moment. She didn't really cheer up just then, she just closed right back up emotionally, and pretended to be fine so she would be left alone. That's something depressed people tend to be extremely good at.

The resolve to commit suicide-by-monster could've come much later. There simply is no way to know. As a result, there is no way for anyone to know if something could've been done to prevent this outcome. It'll keep haunting her well-intentioned senpai, who feels empathy and compassion and responsibility, but not the middle manager girl, who sees it as part of her job to cut loose any magical girls who aren't worth investing time and effort into.

DO 👏 NOT 👏 USE 👏 MIDDLE SCHOOLERS 👏 AS 👏 FRONTLINE SOLDIERS 👏 IN 👏 YOUR 👏MAGICAL 👏 WAR 👏
Where else are we going to get depressed, depressing, psychopathic, or just straight up horny magical girls to attack each other from?

In all honesty the reason it's usually middle school girls is because high school isn't compulsory in Japan. That means that the highest shared experience of schooling in Japan is middle school

Dex-chan lover
idk if it's just me but I really feel like I need a character chart for this lol
  • white hair is strongest magical girl.
  • dark gray twintails is our mc. She apparently died in that flashback.
  • light-gray hair is black-company styled manager who punishes sickleaves with surprise monsters and no backup
  • bunny is mc mascot and says mii
  • bird is manager's mascot and says piyo
  • cat is white hairs mascot
  • light-gray hair is mind-reader girl. I think it might be a separate girl from black manager girl, and if so, the difference is that mind-reader girl has a hairpiece.
The rest are useless chars to remember as they show up in flashbacks, or only show up in a short scene (like filling-in girl who we saw berate mascot for a couple panels, for having to fill in for mc for so long), and overall have hair that is in tones of grey (so no way to memorize them anyway).

Dex-chan lover
Late Flower Girl said:

Then, isn't the ability to find the right way to train talent in of [sic] itself!?
No, this is an excuse of a desperate person to justify their position, but is an excellent example on how difficult it is to raise someone up when they are wallowing in despair and self pity. Even if short light hair hoodie girl had an encouraging retort, flower girl would just dig up some other reason. Since she's been so ineffective, maybe someone should have just suggested that she quit and hope that the monsters don't target her specifically since she didn't personally off any of them.

Users who are viewing this thread