Yandere Otome Game

I really like lycoris, she's an great female protagonist. She strong and kind. Any know any other manga/ like this one?

Dex-chan lover
would this story continue after she and wolf graduates?

i know it's based on a novel, i just hope it gets a proper, non-rushed ending... and not milked or purposely prolonged like what happened to death note or bleach.

Double-page supporter
This manga is REALLY interesting. I was hesitant about it initially, since I'm really not into the whole "yandere" character type and am extremely turned off by depictions of possessive relationships. But this manga turned out to be a huge surprise.

- Spoilers for light discussion abt character development, in case people want to experience it on their own -
I feel like this manga does a really good job exploring toxic coping mechanisms & the cycle of abuse. It's interesting that every one of the otome capture targets has a backstory that involves mistreatment in some way. The story outright states that the abuse they endured as children is why they ended up as yandere adults - or to equate it to real life relationships, why they become abusive partners.

What really got me, though, is how the heroine is written. It states that she has never had a loving or supportive relationship in her life and above all wants to be loved, accepted and WANTED. This last point is so important when you think about real domestic abuse. Anyone can be the victim of abuse, but individuals who lack a support system or who grew up with conditional affirmations/unstable interpersonal relationships are often targeted by abusers. When I started this manga, I didn't understand why anyone would find a yandere otome enjoyable (outside of ppl who may like that char type), and considered the game heroine to simply be a reflection of the players desires/without any will of her own. But I really appreciate that this manga takes the time to explain WHY she would find the possessive, obsessive personalty of a yandere love interest appealing.

Finally, I appreciate the development of all the main chars. I love me some good character development, and while I think this manga is a bit clumsy at times, I appreciate that it does a good job of balancing how the protag "changed" the other characters with their natural inclination towards toxic behaviors. Wolf, for example, still struggles to resist his impulse to be possessive and monopolistic of the protag. But he makes an active, conscious effort to be a better person.

Overall, I think this manga is a really interesting exploration of the "yandere" archetype and toxic relationships. Is it super duper deep? No, but I think that's part of why it's so enjoyable.

tldr: I would recommend this manga to anyone who likes character development focused stories.

I know that it’s supposed to be a yandere dude but dang some of the stuff in here is pretty controlling and lowkey toxic. i guess there’s an audience for everything, but the normalization and romanticization of the controlling behavior is icky to me. if you’re into that then this manga might be for you, but i think i’ll pass.

If you're stupid enough to think that a manga with "yandere" on its title won't contain any possessiveness, step back now. The yandere level in this manga is actually quite high.

If you can read this kind of manga, though, you're in for a good ride. The story is so well-thought, the protagonist is amazing, and I love how despite yandere tendencies shown by the characters, they try to control it even when they must struggle in the process

This story is quite amazing and very well put together for such a concept. I don't like the yandere trope too much, but they put such a spin that it almost makes them more human and it's refreshing.

An interesting detail that I absolutely love done by the author is their great usage of names. All the characters' names are based on a flower and the meaning of it reflects well on their characteristics. The details are just that well done!

I read the novel a while back and absolutely loved it. I also love the manga, but we are no longer following the novel (that I remember). Not that is an issue because if we were following the novel this would end much sooner and I don’t want this to end 😂

Dex-chan lover
Really not as good as some of the other manga with that premise. Still decent enough of a read.

Users who are viewing this thread