Yane Urabeya no Koushaku Fujin - Vol. 1 Ch. 2.1

Double-page supporter
This may be the fastest I have ever wanted to see a fictional character die a horrific death. Jesus.

God, that man is infuriating...

Please tell me he either ACTUALLY gets better, or gets his throat ripped out... 😡

I'm leaning more towards the throat-ripping at the moment.

Dex-chan lover
@KuroInfinity : I went and look at how far the manga's RAW is, so here's what I gather.
Opal eventually 'lock herself up' in the attic as a sort of passive-aggressive answer to his 'don't ever meet Stella' demand.
Guy decide to leave her alone, thinking she'll eventually come out and apologize for the things she said.

Then while reading various kind of books, she seem to have found some kind of embezzlement? within the duke's family record.

So she plan to return home to have one of her servant who's a pro in this field look into it.
So she went to talk to him about going home for a bit.
The guy was expecting her to apologize for saying mean things to his servant/waifu, so insert surprised pikachu face here.
(He seem to have remembered her as being the meek type when they first met and danced 3 years ago, though not sure how this relate into all this)
On her way out, Stella was there waiting in the hallway, then she started raging about how she should've been the legal wife and all that.
So the noise obviously made the guy come out, immediately side with the bitch despite Opal trying to say she didn't do anything to her, and told Opal to just piss off already if she's leaving.

So she returned home, and everyone is nice to her because nobody here believe in those false rumors.
The coachman, Cave, also got treated nicely and is starting to go "wao, she's totally nothing like the rumors I've heard"
For example, when they were leaving, Cave asked the other servants to thank the chefs for especially preparing nice meal for him, but the servants clarify those were the usual for them, and it was Opal herself who improved their food condition.
The servant who she asked to investigate even mentioned that if the truth of how Opal's been treated (she hid it from them) came out, pretty much all the servants and the citizens of the fief will likely storm that douche's place, even he himself is pretty angry at them but is holding it.

So for now, the answer is neither.

Dex-chan lover
@Akanechi The dad would probably have to die first, but even he might go along with things because the husband is useless if there's no heir to bring extra nobility (or whatever his reason was) into the family.
A baby basically seals the deal, so her being a virgin (somewhat provable if the maidenhead is intact) means that at no point did the husband's family attempt to honour anything and a case can be made about them actually committing fraud by taking the money and not living up to basic obligations.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone's positively raging and I'm just laughing (and also raging).

This seems pretty audacious no matter how you look at it. As I understand it, Opal should have the most power here because this household was crumbling until her family paid for it all. Her reputation isn't the best, but that's separate from her authority.

If you don't treat her like a wife-hostile relationship or not-then what did her family even pay you for? The way I see it, this is the Ducal house reneging on their end of the deal.
Then again, maybe Opal was never part of the equation and this is more about creating family ties for her parents, in which case...dick move on their part.

Dex-chan lover
Only two chapters in and this is already so annoying, what the fuck. Everyone is just so dumb! 😡

Okay now when does she elope and marry her childhood friend so we don't have to deal with these stupid people anymore

Sigh im upset againts this duke offending opal so much, i hope more chapters come sooner because i cant wait to see all those people eat back their words 😒

Contributor
What a asshole.
Just divorce him when you're 20 and live with your heritage, then she can get her dreamed marriage .

Dex-chan lover
:O omg... I feel bad for her but at the same time she's rushing into thing isn't she??
PS everyone in that house is kinda retched
Many thanks

Dex-chan lover
@kyara - I want revenge to be complete, so we need to give this dude some more rope to hang himself with.

K-

truth is i like this type of novel, but i became somewhat skeptical after reading "The Abandoned Empress" and i do not hope a satisfactory ending on this series, but maybe it can be nice, who knows

Users who are viewing this thread