Yane Urabeya no Koushaku Fujin - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Aggregator gang
Wow. I can't believe I actually agree with the money lender! She is much too good for that good-for-nothing duke. And her face when she was thinking about Claude!! Makes me want her to divorce her stupid, pig-headed husband and look into a beautiful romance with her lovely childhood friend!
(Maybe I am being unfair as there seems to be a lot of factors causing Hubert's ignorance.... but he seems unfit to have the title of Duke with all the trouble he is letting brew in his territory!)

Aggregator gang
You know the mc's husband is shucks when the money lender old man is smarter and more of a gentleman than him.

Dex-chan lover
Can we take a moment to acknowledge that the fat money lender is kind of a better person than MC's husband?
This guy may be a money lender, but at least he isn't an asshole about it.

Dex-chan lover
Holy crap, Nefarious Money Lender Dude becomes better character than the "male lead" in one chapter by being professional, courteous, and insightful. I don't think I've ever seen that in a manga of this stripe. 😳

Dex-chan lover
Hah! I love how the sleazy money lender was actually a pretty reasonable and stand-up guy just doing his business! 😃

Aggregator gang
Looks like an asshole B-villain. Turns out to be a normal guy doing his job. Call me pleasantly surprised.

Fed-Kun's army
When you realize the money lender and maybe also our mc's former arranged marriage partners with standard ugly or suspicious faces, might be actually better than our mc's husband aka the stupiduke.

Nadja best gurl maid!

Dex-chan lover
i fucking love when the usual fat evil looking noble and the church obviously evil priest tropes get turned around, its so refreshing, i loved it in the old man knight manga and i loved here

I love it when manga gets certain things right.
fat, especially in olden times, was more a sign of wealth then evil corruption.
And you don't get wealth by being a complete crap bag for no reason unless you have something powerful backing you.

Fed-Kun's army
Fat old man isn't trash?

HERESY!

What next? The corrupt church is an actual benevolent and praiseworthy organization?

Dex-chan lover
See I feel like this sort of premise almost kind of works in isekai because the protagonist has some (sometimes hyper specific) wisdom of the modern world to draw on and is naturally a step or two ahead of the crowd... But where is she getting this wealth of experience to be so straightforward and cunning towards seasoned money lenders and the like? There's a 3-year time skip in the first chapter that seems to imply she was learning a thing or two about land management but she didn't even have any land to manage yet so she should still technically be a greenhorn when it comes to actually coming through. Booksmarts can only get you so far without some experience to back it up.

This girl appears to be a bonafide natural genius.

Then again, being attacked by someone when you're 16 somehow turning into some sort of national manhunt to ruin your reputation as a manhungry slutbeast where not even your own father would believe you aren't sleeping with 40 men a night also seems like a pretty bizarre storytelling element.

There better not be some bullshit where she gets together with her husband in the end because of “misunderstanding”.

Users who are viewing this thread