Yane Urabeya no Koushaku Fujin - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
@RamenRider & @Qelix: The surprise is that he's civilized about the whole money lending. He's more like a premium bank or a high-profile credit firm IRL that the back-alley loan sharks we've been used to see in fiction. He runs a bunisess with as much respectability and decency as he can, he's neither pushy nor back-handed about getting his payment and he even regrets lending the money to Omor due that the payments stopped abuptly without explanation. We don't even know what % of interests is charging, but I don't believe they're not that much.

But what you're saying it's true, his behaviour probably comes from pragmatism. He's used to deal with nobility, people with even more under-handed methods and muscule than him, so he knows that he can't force his way with them nor make them too uncomfortable with his dealings. But even then, he probably has enough connections to ensure to have some influence (for example, he knows what's happening on both the mansion AND the capital). He not doing that speaks of how he runs his business.

In short, he runs a not-respectable business and he knows it but he does so bleaching it HARD, even if just for the sake of keep his business running/not angering someone more important that him. That's what refreshing.

Dex-chan lover
So what I'm gathering from the chapters so far is that she needs to usurp her husband, then divorce him, in whatever order. Put his girlfriend/sister in hospice care and let him look after her in some distant corner of their territory while she manages things and gets remarried to Claude. The ironic thing is that if her Husband had bothered to do his job, instead of whatever he's doing now (being an abusive bastard?), he'd have the wife he wanted and he'd probably be able to afford better doctors for his "sister." Maybe even someone to push her wheelchair around full-time, or maybe an indoor water slide so she can get down the stairs of their estate no assistance needed while having fun.

Dex-chan lover
Wtf is happening? The old coot is embezzling money from his employer, debt collectors hounding you while you're out shopping, the young heir keeps playing house with jealous little sister without ever going home, some of the other employees just suck... This is such a depressing environment.
Divorce papers where?

Finally. A kinda debt lender that not act like ugly bastard. The debt lender seems likeable character for now

Group Leader
Tell me about it!
She's wasted on that bastard!
I ship the childhood friend here please!

Aggregator gang
ahh she really was wasted on that dumb fucker. his whole affairs are a fucking mess and all he does is get tossed around by some disabled bitch (no offense lol but her disability doesn't make her less of a bitch, it probably contributed to her bitchiness though considering the society they live in.... still a bitch tho)

Wow... the first suspicious and creepy old fat guy in a novel that I don't hate. Yet. Let's hope it stays that way.

Wow. Even the pragmatic villain/loan shark who started this mess by lending money to a gamble-addict treats the MC better than the husband (and with "better", I mean, "like a serious buisness partner"). Let that sink in for a moment.

Duke sees Stella only as his little sister but she clearly wants his dick, so obviously she would make all the staff to hate the Duchess. And the Duke is just overprotective and trusts everything Stella says. And since she's handicapped, it might be too hard for her to travel, which explains why the Duke has never looked over his territories.

What a mess. The MC is too bright and flawless though, as usual for Shoujo, and the rumours about her are way too artificial. It would be much more enjoyable if the MC had some actual flaws like a human being.

Aggregator gang
Why that money lenders have more logic and brain than the duke that supposedly have a good education? Damn 😂😂

Dex-chan lover
her husband doesn't deserve her. Can't wait for her to show him up and divorce his ass!

Aggregator gang
Damn love these kinds of story, an mc who doesn't suck too.
Duke doesn't deserve her, I'll never ship him. Fuck off retarded siscon.

Double-page supporter
@sylvacoer - It's comments like yours that make me so frustrated I can't upvote comments on this site!

@gum_rummy - Ditto the above, plus I'm in a wheelchair and took a screenshot of your comment to show to a black friend who's in a wheelchair (I am obviously a white American Presbyterian bunny with ninja leanings) because it's SO FUNNY and SO. ON. POINT.

Double-page supporter
Oh and @gum_rummy @cherokeemoon she HAS someone to push her wheelchair full-time but she's a sideways-acting piece of fake child who (fictionally speaking) makes life difficult for those of us who really HAVE to be in wheelchairs and who REFUSE to cough strategically by her sneaking out, sneaking around AND playing up whatever illness she may or may not have to get back at somebody instead of doing something to protect AND get the ducal house with all that energy.

Nah, I'm not bitter--why? :p :)

When the money lender entered the picture I was thinking "Oh no, not the ugly/fat on the outside means ugly/corrupt on the inside meme," but I was pleasantly surprised that this was not the case here.

Also I really hope that when this is all over she finds a legitimate reason to dump her "husband" and get with her childhood friend (or literally anyone else). If someone treated me like that despite agreeing to marry me, then I don't think I could ever trust him again. It doesn't matter if he's being fooled. If he's the type to automatically believe and act on rumors about his own wife without even talking to her, then I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with him. I'm gonna be pissed if she ends up with him after all this.

Users who are viewing this thread