Yane Urabeya no Koushaku Fujin - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

Here I thought the Duke was a terrible person and husband. Who in the hell flaunts their mistress in front of their legal wife? You realize this is noble society right? Her family and their faction can make things really, really hard on you.

Still I must apologize to the Duke.

I thought he was stupid, immature and naive but I had no idea he was actually mentally retarded.

Sure divorce the woman you married for money. Tomorrow all the whispers in the noble courts will be that he took her dowry and then discarded her once it was all spent. No one will be willing to marry him then and more pointedly, his creditors will likely cut him off. Reasonably at this point they are still extending loans with the tacit understanding that the Duke's in laws could underwrite them if necessary. Doing something so cruel to a woman of the blood publicly would easily make him persona non grata among other noble women. Who would want a husband that siphons off your money to care for his mistress while leaving the legal wife to live in misery? People would question if he was worthy to be a man let alone a noble. Propriety dear boy, surely you have heard of it? It is okay in noble society at the time to have a mistress or two if your wife grants you permission or you are discreet about it. To abuse your legal wife while exalting your mistress.... well let's just say that you'll find few friends in court that way.

And bravo to our heroine. She endured it longer than was reasonable for most people. She must have the patience of a Buddha. She could have used the almighty power of money at any time to run the Duke out of house and home but she endured it until now. Divorce her? The Duke is already lucky she hasn't divorced HIM.

Dex-chan lover
Man this was amazing. I knew Opal was up to something in these last few chapters, so this is gratifying. And it looks like it's not over either:
I believe he now owes her money and he'll have to work hard to pay it off. I don't even think she stays with him afterwards either.

No wonder the dukes territory fell into debt and is almost in ruin with a dumbass like him running it what did he expect would happen?🙄

Ontop of that Opal wouldnt need to act like a villain if he had even half a brain,watch how she transforms the place and gets everyone to respect her then maybe his eyes might open up and common sense might flow in.Right now shes forced to be the villain

Dex-chan lover
@Mechamorph
Here I thought the Duke was a terrible person and husband. Who in the hell flaunts their mistress in front of their legal wife? You realize this is noble society right? Her family and their faction can make things really, really hard on you.
That because it's a misunderstanding. She isn't his mistress, she is a childhood friend and he see her as a litle sister.
She is the one who is in love with the husband but it's one sided.
The misunderstand exist because :
1 : he care too much about her
2 : When MC call her a mistress everyone get angry but no one tell her what is their relation exactly

Well everyone in the noble society think she is a mistress already so ...
Later, after their divorce he will frequent another women but have many problem with her. So came and ask MC what to do for his new women to accept the litle sis.
(facepalm)
XD

Users who are viewing this thread