Yankee JK KuzuHana-chan - Ch. 194 - Prologue

Dex-chan lover
She didn't push her friends away. Her friends were just trash who were there for the good times but couldn't handle trials and ride till the end.
Nah, friends and classmates tried from the beginning to tell her "we don't care as much as you" but she insisted anyway. She was the one that didn't read the room first

Dex-chan lover
"Probably doing it to stand out."
That's called projecting. It's what you would do, so you can't think of any other reason why someone would put in some effort for something.

Her hair sure grows quickly. Should've thought about that before, since when the flashback started it was way too short to have grown to the current length in that amount of time.

Thank you, author-san, for telling the story of that chair.
so all of this just for lore of the chair nice
That seems to be the main take-away readers have for the flashback. Not the girl who was the protagonist of it, but a random chair at the top of the building.

But also... if as she says, it was only to have fun with everyone, then why was she so attached to it?
People often lose perspective of things. It's easy to forget why you started something once you get invested enoughinto doing it.

She was the one that didn't read the room first
I'd say a little from A, a little from B. As is common with social issues, there's not a single person to blame, and no one is blameless.

Dex-chan lover
Can understand her pain so well. She's a good girl, she's admirable, she got my respect.

Basically the author tell the reader why she do what she does from prev chapter, kinda overkill for me, now i don't want to see her get sad again

Dex-chan lover
This two-part chapter would have been really great if this manga narrative ambition wasn't non-existant, because as it is I just cannot care for any of what is being told to me...

Fed-Kun's army
I love how the chapter led up to the 1st day of school for the main cast before chapter 1.

Dex-chan lover
So um.. not to be that guy, but... I'm gonna be that guy for a second.

Why was the chapter title translated/titled "Prologue", when the chapter title is literally right there in page one as "Prequel"?

It's not even like it was the usual "up to the translator's discretion and interpretation how to translate it" kinda thing either, since "Prequel" is even written in English with the katakana/furigana for pronouncing it being written right above it, and it's clearly "Prequel"/"Pu-Ri-Ku-E-Ru" lol

That being said, as always, super grateful for the translation and have been since it began with Chapter 1, and the credits/meme page is always entertaining as hell, but that's also why I had to ask about the chapter title thing. It's the kinda weird mistake/random odd translation choice you see from the "Official Translations" by Viz, K-Manga, and sometimes even MangaPlus, especially since this was such a weird choice that, in the entirety of translating this series, I'd never seen you guys make, or even felt the need to actually ask about it lmfao

Dex-chan lover
I have empathy for her, she had a goal set out to do it, and no one wanted to help her but only talk shit or make excuses. Of course she was alienated and alienated others, why accept "help" when they just fall through?
Yes but this is why you need "people skills" so you can manage people involvement otherwise you end up as a girl boss and trying to do everything yourself.

You know, like the other member of the Student Council.

Dex-chan lover
Ok I was annoyed with another flash ack chapter until the end.

Nice way to bring it full circle as we head towards hopefully some major progress.

Chapter 200 right around the corner boys!

Nah, friends and classmates tried from the beginning to tell her "we don't care as much as you" but she insisted anyway. She was the one that didn't read the room first

If that's the case they shouldn't have gotten involved from the start. It's one thing for random classmates to flake out on you, but it hurts when it's your friends.

In the end, that friendship ended because she learned that her friends are not dependable people.

I don’t see how she pushed her friends away when they abandoned her because they couldn’t be bothered to put the bare minimum effort for their friend. If they weren’t interested they should’ve just said that rather than ghosting or making up bullshit excuses for not showing up. If I’m her, why would I surround myself with people like that, they literally demonstrated how little they value me or my goals. Not that I have to be the MC of their lives but if I put effort into a relationship and they put in zero back then what are we doing lmao

Dex-chan lover
"So What's new plot device's major contribution to the Manga?"
- "Oh, she brought a chair."

Dex-chan lover
So will we get any backstory on the kouhai that Kujaku is aggressively recruiting Saotome to be on the committee with for next year or nah?

Users who are viewing this thread