Yankee JK KuzuHana-chan - Ch. 193 - Early Days

Dex-chan lover
Stuco Pres failed to make yuri harem, so now she'll join the MC harem.

Dex-chan lover
I get the character parallels to Ushigome and her interest in Saotome (being someone who keeps shit running and because if he were there when she was pitching her idea it would've gone down differently) but at the same time I guess it would be a little more effective if Ushigome also had some one-on-one rapport with her?

Now before you guys chuck those tomatoes at me for asking for more backstory, I know this isn't genre for that. I'm just saying this backstory would probably hit a little more if she took a little more vested interest in prodding Ushigome about whether she's really taking charge or just relying on Saotome to fix everything because it'd probably add more to the (impotent) drama of Kujaku asking Saotome to be on the student council. Then Ushigome would be spurred to prove that she can be up to the task and not just use genki power and hope for the best. The only one-on-ones she's gotten with the girls are one-sided snipes and hatred from Takae.

As it stands I'm just like "sucks that happened to you but damn...I kinda don't care" which largely seems to be the consensus around here.

Dex-chan lover
I do like her character and don't mind learning more about her but I feel this could have been done with a chapter long heartfelt conversation with Saotome to explain her actions at the end of the festive arc, not a multi-chapter flashback.

But let's be honest, anyone still reading this isn't here for plot or development, we know the latter is never happening, this is just about perving over busty high school girls and the flashback still has them.

Dex-chan lover
People saying "I don't wanna know about this bitch"

Well I'm gonna say it, y'all are forgetting this student council president seems like she's doing this for the other girl in the student council, and I wanna see how she fits in here.

Group Leader
Oh no. Nononono.

Don't make me sympathize with her please. We already got more than half a dozen of them already, and the author just dropped this pitiful girl outta nowhere just for the sake of prolonging our (and Saotome's) suffering in the late game.

Contributor
tumblr_inline_ppym56n5tr1uf6v3g_1280.png

Dex-chan lover
Yep, saw this coming.

Feel like the author is putting filler out until 200 when we get some real action.

Dex-chan lover
The pain of being a genius but also the beach chair on the roof. She’s starting to become such a unique character

Users who are viewing this thread