Yankee JK KuzuHana-chan - Ch. 213 - The Answer

Dex-chan lover
It's good to see Saotome rejected her on the basis of wanting to focus on his fashion grind.
It means he can make more dress I can put him in and keep him for myself.

Dex-chan lover
Leave Hosaka alone y'all. We all know what he's about. We all know nothings going to happen until third year. Also, Girls, Yuna's your center. She can do whatever she wants.

Dex-chan lover
Naw, naw, you're all wrong

Making the drip > Having the drip > Girlfriend/s
gigachad-chad.gif

Also with how things are going, he'll (ironically) likely become the student president of an (ex) all-girls school, and that's a good excuse to be "friends" with all of them.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
And he was doing so good rejecting her... At least he realised he'd been tricked. Which should also cement the rejection, since you don't want to date someone who does things like that.

But she's always been an airhead yandere. No need to pick one.

Now, unless he sticks to his decision to the end, she's going to feel cheated. Which she deserves. And the development from this is disappointing. Didn't lead anywhere at all. He still doubts their sincerity.

Thank goodness he turned her down for fashion rather than the 'I'm not good enough' reason he's been clinging to to ignore all the others.
But he did put himself down plenty while rejecting her.

Dex-chan lover
The lamest excuse you can use for a rejection. It would've been better if he were to go out with her for a while and realize she isn't the one he really likes rather than this overused bullshit garbage. I like the humour in the series but this seriously makes me think about giving it up.

Dex-chan lover
I actually liked this chapter precisely because it was painful and messy. We all know that Saotome has some massive self esteem issues and that his skills as a tailor are basically the only thing keeping him emotionally afloat. A cornerstone of his sense of self if you will. We also know that, realistically, that confession was actually quite sudden and put him in a difficult position.

At this point, my judgement of the arc will depend on its fallout. The answer wasn't a conclusion, it was just the climax of the arc. Saotome basically saying that he needs to become worthy of love is an unhealthy idea, so I wonder if author will call him out on that later. After all, like 20% of this manga's draw is calling out romance genre cliches into question.

Also, I really liked the Saotome's reaction to being tricked into student council election. Frankly, Kujaku did mess up the whole situation by trying to manipulate him. Saotome's reaction at the standard "make him join the club/stuco so I can have another chance" plot was fairy realistic here.

And I don't get why people act like author did Kujaku dirty with her likability. She was willing to manipulate others since her introduction.

Dex-chan lover
It read to me like she wanted a chance at both. To recruit him and another shot to get him to like her (With all the time they'd spend together working on his campaign.) as he was seeming to say he wasn't looking for a relationship with anyone. His reasoning was just that he wants to focus on something else, if she can be that pillar of support for him being president maybe he'd reassess. Again she said she'd give up on him joining the Stuco Too.

Honestly, I'm very annoyed with Saotome. I didn't think she deserved a rejection like that, but it was definitely a valid reason. That's cool outside of the fact he's likely not going to be devoting every single second to fashion. I HATE his after thought of "Oh was it just a trick?" Dude, in no way did it look like that confession or rejection was easy on her (from his POV) why does he have to through shade on her feelings? Considering how long it took him to "Apologise" to Hana, he lost any respect I had for him. She deserves way better.
It's not that he's seeming to not want to date anyone, he flat out doesn't want to date anyone, and there's nothing wrong with that. People don't have to be in relationships. You say she didn't deserve a rejection like that, but I'm confused what you mean. He gave a very serious and respectful rejection to her proposal, making sure to not make light of her feelings.
As for his post-refusal concern over her motives, you have to remember that this is a guy who developed a severe distrust of women (even if it's been downplayed for the sake of the lighthearted romcom) after spending most of the first year being manipulated and betrayed by a specific few. After he rejected her, all he saw was her being all smiles while saying she's going to do her best to make sure he becomes president, minus one panel of nervousness. Sure, we, the readers, know that she's legitimately heartbroken from it, but from his perspective, she just shook off his rejection and said that, despite his desire to focus full time on fashion, she's going to make him popular by majority to get him the position. The boy has serious trust and self esteem issues, so it's not surprising in the slightest that her response would cast all that doubt in his mind.

Dex-chan lover
It's not that he's seeming to not want to date anyone, he flat out doesn't want to date anyone, and there's nothing wrong with that. People don't have to be in relationships. You say she didn't deserve a rejection like that, but I'm confused what you mean. He gave a very serious and respectful rejection to her proposal, making sure to not make light of her feelings.
As for his post-refusal concern over her motives, you have to remember that this is a guy who developed a severe distrust of women (even if it's been downplayed for the sake of the lighthearted romcom) after spending most of the first year being manipulated and betrayed by a specific few. After he rejected her, all he saw was her being all smiles while saying she's going to do her best to make sure he becomes president, minus one panel of nervousness. Sure, we, the readers, know that she's legitimately heartbroken from it, but from his perspective, she just shook off his rejection and said that, despite his desire to focus full time on fashion, she's going to make him popular by majority to get him the position. The boy has serious trust and self esteem issues, so it's not surprising in the slightest that her response would cast all that doubt in his mind.
Finally, somebody saying that Saotome had full right to do what he has done.

Frankly, I don't get why people act surprised about Saotome not being able to enter any relationships as he is now. That's the whole point of this series.

I also do appreciate pointing out that Saotome doesn't have a benefit of third person perspective. He literally saw Kujaku ping pong between cheery, disappointed, sad and then back into cheery when she roped him into the election. He is fully right to be shocked at her ploy.

Frankly, I am willing to blame Kujaku on that. If she didn't try to manipulate him or put on a fake brave face, she would have at least gotten the emotional closure. Now she's going to cry into photos of a guy who right now is probably freaking out about her tricking him into something that might harm his own personal dreams.

Dex-chan lover
I think that many folks here are angry because Saotome pulls this excuse (valid, IMO) with Kujaku or maybe other girls in the near future, if the opportunity arises, but all suspect he won't do the same if Hanako confesses.

The good twist would be Saotome turning down Hanako at the end, which we all highly doubt as something possible...

At the end of the day, I'm glad 100kano exists. Hell, even Bokuben had the balls to give each girl an ending with the MC (even if not perfect).

Dex-chan lover
I think that many folks here are angry because Saotome pulls this excuse (valid, IMO) with Kujaku or maybe other girls in the near future, if the opportunity arises, but all suspect he won't do the same if Hanako confesses.

The good twist would be Saotome turning down Hanako at the end, which we all highly doubt as something possible...

At the end of the day, I'm glad 100kano exists. Hell, even Bokuben had the balls to give each girl an ending with the MC (even if not perfect).
Saotome would have turned down any girl at this moment, which is one of the biggest points of the series.

Even Hanako would have to somehow deal with that, though she would have likely handled it much better because one, she's his best friend instead of a girl he met last month and two, she wouldn't immediately try to rope him into a crazy scheme.

Also, I'm not actually a fan of 100kano. The whole plot hinges on a literal divine intervention too much.

Aggregator gang
I feel this manga will just end with an open ending. All the girls will confess and he will turn them all down. The girls will then believe they still have a chance and it will end.

Dex-chan lover
So, having a gf would eat too much of his precious time but joining the soul draining stuco wouldn't? And he even had the gall to shit on the girls feelings by considering it a ploy from the beggining? What a POS
Did you actually read the story? Guy refused both for the same reason and then got tricked into whole stuco election plot by Kujaku while he was trying to console her.

Based on everything that happened form his perspective, a girl he barely knew badgered him for a date, confessed to him and while he was trying to console her after rejecting her she roped him into some ludicrous ploy to force him to join stuco before running away all happy with herself.

He has all rights to believe that she just played his feelings.

Users who are viewing this thread