Yankee-kun to Hakujou Gaaru - Vol. 3 Ch. 53 - Sky ①

Well I would feel better if he just killed the chief and got arrested

This manga is really good. As a disabled person, we do attract people who have issues like this and want to treat us like trash for several reasons. I do feel bad for the guy but I’m glad they’re taking him to the police and I reaaally hope the mangaka doesn’t incorporate a romantic subplot between the runner girl and the creep guy lol

He only tried to interact with her, the only way people have interacted with him. Poor guy.
He really needs serious help though.

Double-page supporter
This guy needs therapy or a psychologist. He seriously needs some help. A couple of more years, he will turn to a murderer and an absolute criminal.

Double-page supporter
@eatgoddamnshit When you have beeb treated that way since you were young to the full fledge adult and no one tells you that it is wrong. You will start to thing that it is right. This guy is indeed needed no sympathy from us. But he seriously needs some treatments.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe not jail for him, but definitely his boss. Maybe a fine or community service and a couple years of therapy for this guy though because he clearly needs help. Jesus those burns...

Dex-chan lover
Cool, so he was just mental ? I'm glad the author didn't just swipe what he did under the rug just because "he had his reasons."

Fed-Kun's army
It's fascinating how much the comments changed in tone between the last chapter and this one.

I was one of those who detested the perp's entire existence and were skeptical about the mangaka giving him a chance to explain his backstory, since that might've meant giving that perp a sob story to somehow excuse his shitty behaviour. Instead, what we got was the understanding that he was simply a broken person - his actions are still inexcusable, true, but they were a product of his circumstances, rather than something stemming from his very nature.

The mangaka humanized him, while not necessarily presenting him as inculpable because of [reasons]. This series is really surprising me in a alot of ways.

Dex-chan lover
"Pick your target". DAMN. FUCKING. STRAIGHT.

As a bully victim I will NEVER tell someone something stupid like "revenge is pointless". But you make a choice. If you target your bullies, or other criminals, your trying to fight your fate, your "victimcy". If you target innocent people you become the criminal and you deserve pain, no excuses.

@TannHaals Then I think we didn't read the same chapter. Or, tbf, translation. We have to be careful.

No "circumstances". He MADE A CHOICE. He tried to escape with "oh, right, I like her", but from the exchange with Kurokawa he seems to understand that he was being abused. Yes, he's mentally handicapped. But he wasn't confusing abuse with love.
Even his inner monologue. "If I accepted that, how could I live?". So he CHOSE to run away, then CHOSE to target an innocent person and then CHOSE to try to avoid the issue.
Yeah, no.

Which is not to say he doesn't deserve help, mind you, I said it last chapter. But everyone going "oh well, at least he has a reason, he's mental, it wasn't just a sad backstory" pisses me off. As I said, haven't read the same chapter, probably.

Users who are viewing this thread