Yankee wa Isekai de Seirei ni Aisaremasu. - Vol. 5 Ch. 34 - No One Ever Told Me, You Know?

Group Leader
So what’s his plan?

Bring in modern technology?

Require magic users to get a chibi license?

Let everyone see chibis?

Just tell people that they’re killing spirits and destroying the world?

Dex-chan lover
Although I had thought that the previous chapters were, for the most part, wasting time, now I see that they accomplished even less than I had imagined — or, at the least, that most of what very little they had accomplished has now been tossed-away.

And, again, the various Great Spirits who appeared earlier had no good reason not just to reveal the truth at the outset.

@Oeconomist to meet the other spirits was his task to find the truth about the world and the spirits even if he did not find out what a great spirit is.. and as he went all the way he found out that he wasn't a human.. and he could remove others magic with dark cocoons.. and light cocoons represent the magic itself while dark represents the removal of magic..

Dex-chan lover
@BloodKing1

That's not a refutation; it isn't even a helpful summary. The character's time and the time of the reader have been wasted by the failure of the previously encountered Great Spirits to tell him what his rôle were. In the end, he didn't see it on his own, but was told; and there was nothing wrong with his being told, but there was something very wrong with so much delay before he was told.

@Oeconomist a scenario: "main protagonist has a task but don't know what is is and how to do it.. They are sent to a journey to discover it, but there is a twist.. and 2 greater spirits one who changes(succs the hell out of magic) and the one who fixes (just a magic supply), and changes and fixes go hand in hand right but the had to get the 4 greater spirits magic stone to do there task in there "society" right..

Dex-chan lover
@BloodKing1

Again, you're not addressing my point, and your summary is not otherwise useful to anyone here who has followed this series. You're spinning your wheels in defense of the mangaka spinning his wheels. We can go in this loop until one of us tires of it, or until an administrators insults us to vent his spleen while “moderating” our comments, but it will remain a loop.

@Oeconomist put yourself in that scenario tho.. you had no idea where to go and what to do, only to do tasks that are assigned, P.S. the main prot has a task of a global scale, and a question "What would you want to do?".. i admit that the story and the plot itself is crap but a good reading material tho..

Dex-chan lover
@BloodKing1

I generally do and in this case did imagine what I would do with the information available to the main character and, alternately, with the information available to one of the other recurring characters.

Stories in which a character starting with little understanding must decide how (if at all) to use a profound ability to change the world are not at all rare. Stories that in which such a scenario is used intelligently to explore deep questions that bear on our actual lives are quite scarce, but this story is not amongst them.

Group Leader
So not only are they indeed his harem but they would also immediately go on a the war path for him, haha.

Dex-chan lover
Girls, don't gatekeep him. That's all I wish for.
There's only one that gatekeep, yandare Grace. She so far threatened Amaris, told Lilly to act "like a maid" and treat Zero like an insect. Can't wait how author will solve this, because she goes full apeshit if she's not in a center of attention for even a split second.

Users who are viewing this thread