Yari no Yuusha no Yarinaoshi - Vol. 7 Ch. 33 - Leading the Evacuation

Dex-chan lover
probably she died already...
QrzNpqn.png

Dex-chan lover
i felt physically hurt when i read Moto saying "i'm sure she is happy somewhere [...] that strong, intense and healthy onee-san"
AAAAAAAAAAARGH 😭😭😭

Dex-chan lover
For how easygoing this series is. A single sentence can hit really hard.

Aggregator gang
Ren is so much less annoying in this version.
Raphtalia i hope in the next loop he goes and helps her out now that he's remembered her.

Dex-chan lover
I think I understand, Motoyasu never notices Raphtalia because he only remembers her in her teen form and not in her child form. Maybe that's why he doesn't see her anywhere each time he travels back in time.

Or I'm wrong and in a past chapter there was a reference to child Raph somewhere, I can't recall.

Sakura's here to take no prisoners. I like her contrast between being shy, blunt and straight up sadisc.

Dex-chan lover
Sakura da MVP, really ruthless and on to the point. Also lol I don't think Motoyasu was good at hiding his power level there, I also still worry Ren might be assassinated in this loop if this goes on as he's the most vulnerable one that doubts the country.

Oh yeah, he's an idiot alright. A naive and nice one but an idiot none the less

@RyoukoKonpaku Not exactly. I find her character quite bland. Getting annoyed when someone disrespects the shield hero, following some of his orders and lazing around are the only things that she does. It is as if she's just a mere slave (consensual) of the shield hero, with no other traits. Her evolution from her child form doesn't change her age, and to be honest, I find it quite forced. The only reason for her growth seems to be the shield hero (who is the protagonist of another series, that being more famous). Although her mental growth hasn't caught up with her body's. I actually find Yuki's and Kou's personalities far more vivid and interesting. Kou, although he just likes to eat, has a vivid enough personality given that he's a child. Yuki, on the other hand, could be a protagonist of her own. Just look at the child's capabilities, emotions, reactions and actions. Also, she is fairly independent compared to Sakura, who always sticks with the shield hero. Yuki, other than her extreme attachment to the spear hero (that being totally justified, because he is indeed like her father), could actually fair well as a good female protagonist of a manga; even better if it's her aged version, if not she could still be the protagonist of a comic meant for kids. As for everyone trusting the shield hero being the only savior of the world; and even the spear hero working for him, instead of not causing changes himself is what I find very forced. I get that the shield guy is a fairy clever person (after getting betrayed though); but the world is big and things are not that rigid. Motoyasu even, apart from his childish acts, is actually quite clever himself; far cleverer than average people. This "forcefulness" though is just credited to the author. I suppose that the audience likes it because of the other story, but flexibility does not hurt once in a while. I doubt many people would get it, let alone acknowledge it; but just had to throw out this big paragraph. The world is not so rigid and neither should the characters be; it is the author's rigidity that makes it so. But maybe that's because rigid stuff sells better.

The author too is putting quite a bit of wasted effort in forcefully turning the shield hero to the way he is in the original story. It is good that his personality is consistent to the other story; but this being another timeline and another world altogether, some lack of consistency isn't going to hurt anybody; In fact, it might actually enrich the story even more, given that we see the world from Motoyasu's perspective. Then again, like I said, stuff sells better if the audience likes something related to it already. They want a continuation, or something resembling. They want the same protagonist, with the same side characters( especially girls it seems, for instance Raphtalia). Much to the author's pleasure ( because of the ease). Just think of it, many people die, and we don't care. We only care about who we know, and that too, to different extents, depending on their relation to us, our trust, and our personality. In the current world, the shield hero knows no Raphtalia, and hence her existence is immaterial. I doubt there is such a thing as "Your fate is bound"; were that so, Motoyasu would never be able to terminate the looping. Motoyasu doesn't remember either; so it shouldn't matter at all. In the current world they have no relation, and unless Motoyasu remembers it, and takes some action, she wouldn't matter anyway. Also, she may fall in love with Motoyasu, if he were to help her. But I doubt the author would choose that route- again, because of the damn "audience". The gist of the two paragraphs is, there is no such thing as "fate". If there were, there wouldn't be anything for anyone to do. Nothing right, nor anything wrong.

Dex-chan lover
Someone gotta tell Itsuki that being royalist is not being a warrior of justice.

Motoyasu fucked up this new timeline he made. Everything could've gone swimmingly for him if he pretended for a certain amount of time until Naofumi bought both Raphtalia and Filo

Users who are viewing this thread