Yeon Lok Heun

Honestly I think I’m a masochist for coming back every update. At the is point, the author is not only torturing the characters but me as well(ᗒᗣᗕ)՞

Notes:

#1) About the work itself:

"I think a lot of people reading lots of webcomics are conditioned to feel more instant gratification with the romance aspects of the story. Yeon Lok Heun is definitely not entirely focused on romance, and its serialization is set to be longer anyways. You can't expect to have a 200ish [number yet to be determined] chapter long series have the romance fully realized and developed by chapter 50." - maggiesaus

#) A little bit about Yeon and her "sin":

"It seems like Yeon was trying to avoid having an intimate relationship with Garyun with her true identity as a female. Remember, she started out not revealing her true gender to the 22 y/o Garyun and she was 14 or 15 at that time she vowed her allegiance to him to pay her debts to Garyun until she disguise as a maid to helped a female friend then, after getting injured by an evil spirit of the prev. Emperor which is the start of her sin (which she claims). ..." - Yukinahime21

"...In the context of working under the imperial family, let alone the emperor, lying to them is more than enough to get you executed. Especially when it comes to something so intimate, that could be seen as betrayal. ..." - maggiesaus

I definitely binged this whole series.

I like it a lot, and as others said, the romance is slow progressing, however it wasn’t too bad. MC and ML are super cute and I kept reading just to see more scenes with them together.

I did feel that the imperial tasks assigned to MC weren’t very interesting and served more as fluff because they didn’t add to the story, except maybe as a setup for MC to get injured or have some kind of interaction with ML. Still the interactions with ML and MC more than make up for it.

MC does have a personality shift after
the bamboo snow incident
, and she becomes noticeably more melancholy because, you know, *love*, but it didn’t bother me too much. And the mopey-ness isn’t over the top. I just wish we could see more of her unruliness or sharp tongue throughout the series. And maybe a few more smiles from her. I kind of wanted to see her a bit more angry at ML for
banishing MC into the spirit world for 3 years
since I think it would have been an interesting growth to see her anger slowly evolve in to love. But it is what it is. And it’s still a pretty good story.

Anyways, I also really appreciate that the supporting cast becomes fairly large as the series progresses, and it makes it feel like that MC and ML aren’t in a void with only each other. It adds a bit more depth to the story.

Overall, a good romance series. 8/10

Excuse me guys but i kinda worried about that sexual violence tag, can someone tell me is there any rape scene or attempt especially to mc?
Man i can't really stand traumatic plot like rape stuff.

@Hakin
Sexual Violence Tag is there cause the MC mother got violated before she died. It’s the beginning setting. Nothing happened to the MC. Tragic nevertheless.

Users who are viewing this thread