Yofukashi no Uta - Ch. 164 - Curse

Dex-chan lover
So let me clarify, they aren't dying because of who sucked who's blood, they are two moron vampires burning against sunlight

Contributor
I can't help but feel that either Kou is going to rediscover his human side and rekindle a lust for life, or serve as a sort of middleman bridging the gap between human and vampire.

Or perhaps he bites Nanakusa and turns her into a human, allowing her to live the life that she was never afforded due to the circumstances of her birth.

Dex-chan lover
Just because the cause of death is indirect doesn't mean she isn't accountable for them, when she turned someone and threw them away, they turned into monsters that went on to kill probably at the very least hundreds, especially if detective's case was a 50/50 of berserking.
Murderers arnt murderers, its their parent's fault.
Murderers' parents arnt murderers, its their parent's fault.
Murderers' parents' parent arnt murderers, its their parent's fault.
[...]

You see how this is absurd. Kiku might have contributed to creating situations where murders happen, but unless you count the simple fact that vampires are 'undead' (which in this series may not even be the case), shes not killing people.

Dex-chan lover
Don't know why I wasn't expecting to see a double suicide.

Good, now back to Kou and Nazuna.

Dex-chan lover
I think this is a decent way to close out Mahiru and Kiku's arcs. I'm a bit unsatisfied that Kiku arguably got away with everything, but from what I can tell she was never meant to be fully sympathetic, even with all the backstory we got. I can't say "good riddance" or "rest in peace" to her. All I can say is that I'm glad she died happy and won't be hurting others anymore.

Dex-chan lover
so i guess it's confirmed vampirism is an irreversible ailment... i think we might see kou start to reconsider his path and maybe distance himself from nazuna

also lol mahiru got spawn killed

Dex-chan lover
RIP Mahiru, he never scored.

Well, getting a vampire GF might be scoring for some people, I guess...

Dex-chan lover
To a mass murderer?
She was a mass vamper, not a mass murderer.

Just because the cause of death is indirect doesn't mean she isn't accountable for them, when she turned someone and threw them away, they turned into monsters that went on to kill probably at the very least hundreds
Maybe? We know Kyouko's dad accidentally killed her mother, but would that have been the case for every single person she vampirized?

Dex-chan lover
You see how this is absurd. Kiku might have contributed to creating situations where murders happen, but unless you count the simple fact that vampires are 'undead' (which in this series may not even be the case), shes not killing people.
Infecting people without knowledge or consent with a condition where if they don't regularly drink human blood (and they must know to drink it) they go insane and murder people is not the same as being the parent of a murderer.

I'm sure it will be explained in the upcoming chapters but it is kinda ambiguous as to why they both died. Best I can figure is that Kiku died of old age? And Mahiru died from being close to that which he cherished from his time being human? Didnt see that coming. I loved the beginning of this arc, but I really just want to see Kou and Nazuna together hanging out again.

Users who are viewing this thread