Yofukashi no Uta - Ch. 165 - Welcome Back

Dex-chan lover
It just struck me after reading all those comments from the previous chapter about being shocked that both mahiru and kiku decided to die with a whimper....

Most people are really poor at recognizing and handling others with mental illness and social dysfunction. Often how they react to such things even makes things worse. And the worst but sadly not that rare outcome may be "What? He/she committed suicide? Why? They seemed fine!"

I'd ask more people to consider that notion after reading this. There's plenty of other characters in-universe who are not surprised at all. You can argue whether their wisdom is bad writing, but it doesn't change the point. Why do others know and you don't? Why did they also not take more action to prevent it? What causes people to get to that state? You get to reflect on this now when it's just a manga, not a person you know in real life.
because he had a choice, and he did it, vampires have no right to stop you from doing whatever you want with your life, even if its ending it.

Dex-chan lover
He probably wanted to die with her since the beginning, the letter was probably his human item, a perfect plan to kill himself unfortunaly

Dex-chan lover
... So like... did Mahiru die to the sun cause he was a newborn (Sun doesn't kill vamps right in this?) or did he have an item of weakness that caused him to die (like the phone)?
In ch121 iirc, a theory is mentioned that if a vampire sucks the blood of a human they love, the human dies.

Double-page supporter
Was the concept of "vampires die if they fall in love" actually true? I've forgotten at this point, if so that could be what killed them if not the sun. That's obviously also an obstacle to the MC and his vampire boo too.

Overall this arc left a sour taste in my mouth. We basically just watched a bunch of people try to stop and then eventually just give in to allow a high school kid and his MUCH older gf to go through with a suicide pact. I didn't even think the guy's life was in danger until the moment it showed him dustified, but it seems the main characters just accepted that was a possibility and wistfully saw him off to go kill himself. They don't even seem that surprised, like wtf. This just came off as gross and depressing rather than a hopeless romance.

Dex-chan lover
i dont understand peoples hate for mahiru. he was a broken kid who had found something/someone who could take him away from the trauma he felt. kiku became the person to witch he felt he could try and help and also became the person he loved. his love for his friends never diminished and theirs didnt for him either. what made it even worse for them was that he had promised to meet with them the next day but broke that promise. even if they suspected he would, i bet they didnt think it would be that way

Dex-chan lover
This is a milestone on Kou's character development. He from the very beginning wanted to be a vampire. Does he still want to now? That said there's a few things left unexplained here, like what exactly did Mahiru die of.

Its not why? Its how? I gotta reread I thought earlier in the story it said that the vampires didn't die in the sun thought I might just not be remembering correctly
right? i also recall in some chapter that after got bitten, they won't immediately become vampires, like it takes sometimes to become one. but in this case, mahiru becomes vampire immediately? idk

Fed-Kun's army
right? i also recall in some chapter that after got bitten, they won't immediately become vampires, like it takes sometimes to become one. but in this case, mahiru becomes vampire immediately? idk
In ch2 page9 they said "When someone is in love with a vampire and has their blood sucked by that same one, they lose all their inhibitions, and that's how they become servants."

Users who are viewing this thread