Yofukashi no Uta - Ch. 165 - Welcome Back

Dex-chan lover
q4re15l026n81.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
i dont understand peoples hate for mahiru. he was a broken kid who had found something/someone who could take him away from the trauma he felt. kiku became the person to witch he felt he could try and help and also became the person he loved. his love for his friends never diminished and theirs didnt for him either. what made it even worse for them was that he had promised to meet with them the next day but broke that promise. even if they suspected he would, i bet they didnt think it would be that way
People dont hate, it was just that people wanted thier two man fav characters again, this was a long arc that barely had anythin to do with em

Dex-chan lover
:qq: reading a letter after someone dies has always made me cry, more than actually seeing the character die.

Dex-chan lover
Mahiru is giga-simp who threw away his life away for a 304.
Kiku is a serial killing, homewrecking, selfish groomer cunt. She manipulated Mahiru, an emotionally vulnerable teenager to get what she wants. It's hard for me to feel sorry for subhuman trash. It's bullshit that Kiku didn't suffer for her crimes.

Dex-chan lover
It just struck me after reading all those comments from the previous chapter about being shocked that both mahiru and kiku decided to die with a whimper....

People are not shocked that the sad boy with mommy issues killed himself, we are bewildered about the point of this entire arc with no satisfying payoff.

Right now it seems they where sacrificial lambs for MC growth, but time will tell.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
People are not shocked that the sad boy with mommy issues killed himself, we are bewildered about the point of this entire arc with no satisfying payoff.

Right now it seems they where sacrificial lambs for MC growth, but time will tell.
I'm satisfied. I don't usually say this about characters but being fodder for Kou's character is the best thing they've done. I just wish they got deleted sooner so that we were already 10 chapters deep into another better storyline.

Dex-chan lover
Mahiru is giga-simp who threw away his life away for a 304.
Kiku is a serial killing, homewrecking, selfish groomer cunt. She manipulated Mahiru, an emotionally vulnerable teenager to get what she wants. It's hard for me to feel sorry for subhuman trash. It's bullshit that Kiku didn't suffer for her crimes.
People really did miss the part where she'd been fucking with him since he was a kid to groom him to play along with her fucked up suicide melodrama.

I'd like to think this was supposed to be a cautionary tale of how an underage boy could simp so hard that he threw away his life to hold hands with a sociopath, but the author went all out trying to make it seem meaningful and poetic.

Dex-chan lover
It just struck me after reading all those comments from the previous chapter about being shocked that both mahiru and kiku decided to die with a whimper....

Most people are really poor at recognizing and handling others with mental illness and social dysfunction. Often how they react to such things even makes things worse. And the worst but sadly not that rare outcome may be "What? He/she committed suicide? Why? They seemed fine!"

I'd ask more people to consider that notion after reading this. There's plenty of other characters in-universe who are not surprised at all. You can argue whether their wisdom is bad writing, but it doesn't change the point. Why do others know and you don't? Why did they also not take more action to prevent it? What causes people to get to that state? You get to reflect on this now when it's just a manga, not a person you know in real life.
He likes the girl and didn’t want to live without her. Stop being so melodramatic.

Dex-chan lover

I’m honestly shocked we’re still stuck under this terrible arc.

Dex-chan lover
Did he really die?... If so, how strange Akira's reaction. Because of it, I just thought about the possibility of him dying cus I read the comments.

Well, it makes sense.. dunno

Dex-chan lover
I really don’t like to default to assuming the author is a hack-job whenever something is obtuse or doesn’t follow normal genre conventions, but I genuinely don’t know what I’m supposed to feel about this development. Hmmm, I’m gunna sit on this one until the arc is over and then probably reread it to see if I can find a through hole cuz at the moment this whole thing feels incredibly tone deaf and contrived.
Yeah, feels kinda anticlimactic to me

Users who are viewing this thread