Yofukashi no Uta - Ch. 177 - Nosebleeds Are Bad

Double-page supporter
i cant believe i've just started to think that they might be attracted to him for his vampire part

Dex-chan lover
Damn Kou keeps rizzing them up like its nothing. Also, I’m sure we’re coming to the beginning of a new probably more serious arc now, its reminded us of Kou’s half vampire state and we’ve seen glimpse of the vamp meeting. Thanks for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
The end looked interesting, looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks for the translation

Dex-chan lover
lm getting the feeling from this that the 1 year count down is getting close and he will have to pick to be a human or vampire and stop trying to live in both worlds ..... now Kou just go full vamp tell best girl you love her give us a time skip and turn that office worker that you was giving the full body massage to as you promised and l will be happy lol

Dex-chan lover
They really just teased us a big vampire meeting and then completely ignored it, huh?
Also, calling her Sacchan is fine, but Saki is problematic?
I think its because sacchan is kind of playful and a play on the name that a friend would use, but saki has a bit of an intimate undertone?

Dex-chan lover
I know we found out in previous chapters but its always fun to see that he is actually pretty popular at his school, its a nice twist given on how he acted in the beginning I imagine most people thought the opposite, Its a nice contrast.
I may be misremembering, but he explained in the early episodes why he found solace in the night. It meant he didn't need to fake it at school, where he was the top student and the guy people looked up to, but walking alone at night allowed him to drop off the mask, stay away from people, and have fun.
The last part, pretty much hinted he was quite popular at school, always in company of someone else.

Dex-chan lover
They really just teased us a big vampire meeting and then completely ignored it, huh?
It kind of is.

Honorifics in Japan are a sign of respect (and also distance) to people you know. chan in Sacchan is a "we are friends close enough we can shorten our names, but not short enough we are more than that"

Calling someone by their first name means familiarity. Either you grew up together, or something else happened that made you be more than just close.
When you give permission to someone else to call you by your first name without honorifics, you are telling that person you feel as close as family (partners and lovers are included under that term family too). It is ambiguous in terms of boundaries, but you do intend to make them as present in your life as possible.
That's the reason Kou said he isn't "ready" for that, as in, he doesn't know if he feels as close to her to be considered her family.

Dex-chan lover
how crazy would it be if Kou becomes an antagonist by the end of this arc lol, but it looks like this will be the last arc.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Publicly used nickname vs. being asked to call her by her actual given first name. She's taken an interest in him, maybe even a romantic one.

Users who are viewing this thread