Yofukashi no Uta - Ch. 191 - Like Vampires

Wonder if kou half vampire, is due to him transforming into vampire but also nazuna falling into love and conveniently meeting mid way between both

Dex-chan lover
I think people are misunderstanding the context from Haruka.
It takes a massive amount of self control for vampires to go that long without a meal. I can't remember where they mentioned it.

When Kou trivialises the "it has only been a month", he downplayed Nazuna's feelings of not wanting to break her commitment with Kou. He is not acknowledging her needs by saying it "She is ok for now".

Haruka goes ballistic because, to his eyes, Kou isn't the man that should be with Nazuna with his half hearted feelings (from his point of view). Maybe during this fight we will get to see Kou admitting his true feelings or realising how much Nazuna is sacrificing.
While most of the comment section proves literary comprehension is a lost art, thankfully a few of you have it.

I am really happy that the author put actions back in the manga, I couldnt imagine the manga to end just with some SoL or comedy chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, yes the shounen battle between a dense idiot and a creepy idiot that everyone's been asking for.
:haa:

lal

Y’all hatin on Haruka for no reason. Since most of you missed the point, he’s angry because 1) Kou’s causing Naz to not only stop sucking blood from Kou but also in general (which is not “necessary” but she’s doing anyway because sucking is also like sex to vampires) 2) Kou minimizes the issue saying it’s also been 1-2 months at most, and 10 years is a long time away (which ignores her pain) 3) Kou hasn’t even admitted his feelings to the others; for all he knows Kou is not taking it seriously 4) it ain’t because of no damn possessiveness — just in this chapter we see him acknowledge he forged a bond with her over the past few months.
thanks to @rodrigoelp for making some sense in this sea of nonsense

Dex-chan lover
Y’all hatin on Haruka for no reason. Since most of you missed the point, he’s angry because 1) Kou’s causing Naz to not only stop sucking blood from Kou but also in general (which is not “necessary” but she’s doing anyway because sucking is also like sex to vampires) 2) Kou minimizes the issue saying it’s also been 1-2 months at most, and 10 years is a long time away (which ignores her pain) 3) Kou hasn’t even admitted his feelings to the others; for all he knows Kou is not taking it seriously 4) it ain’t because of no damn possessiveness — just in this chapter we see him acknowledge he forged a bond with her over the past few months.
thanks to @rodrigoelp for making some sense in this sea of nonsense
Haruka's heart is in the right place, but his head is up his own ass.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, a normal Human dies after four weeks without food. So vampires can go without eating for 120 times longer. Skipping a meal for a month is basically the equivalent skipping breakfast. Doing the math, it looks like it's the equivalent of not eating for about six hours.
I don't know what you would do, but if I find out the person I like is not eating for 6 hours and the person she likes tells me that's ok, she is not going to die any time soon, it will rub me the wrong way if it is out of character for the person I like to skip meals.

I can grant the fact that Haruka doesn't know Nazuna well enough to make this distinction, but Haruka isn't the most level headed character in the series either.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
We've fainted from not eating for six hours before. It shouldn't be brushed off.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know what you would do, but if I find out the person I like is not eating for 6 hours and the person she likes tells me that's ok, she is not going to die any time soon, it will rub me the wrong way if it is out of character for the person I like to skip meals.

I can grant the fact that Haruka doesn't know Nazuna well enough to make this distinction, but Haruka isn't the most level headed character in the series either.
Considering that most people sleep about 8 hours a day and don't eat just before they go to sleep, the average person doesn't eat for about 10 to 14 hours every day.

Also note that he's accusing Kou of making her starve. A single missed meal isn't starvation by almost any standard, and certainly not murder worthy over.

Dex-chan lover
Considering that most people sleep about 8 hours a day and don't eat just before they go to sleep, the average person doesn't eat for about 10 to 14 hours every day.

Also note that he's accusing Kou of making her starve. A single missed meal isn't starvation by almost any standard, and certainly not murder worthy over.
I think you are missing the point again.

It is not about the time she isn't eating, it is about what is normal behaviour.
Normally, you don't eat whilst you are sleeping, in the example you are talking about, it would be obvious that she isn't following her normal patterns.

still think this ends up being that kou is already as vampire as he can get from nazuna. I think the 'half' vampire thing has been his final form the whole time, cause nazuna herself was/is a half vampire or a natural vampire maybe. I think kou is just what happens when a vampire like nazuna has a sire. It also lines up pretty well with when it was obvious they were both already in love with each other (or realistically that was earlier really but still).

Double-page supporter
Because his plan is selfish and stupid. She's not drinking blood because she loves Kou so much and is afraid of what might happen. And his bright idea is to kill Kou? Somehow that's going to make her happy and prevent her from further depression? If anything she'd kill him and then, all alone, she'd accelerate her self harm. He's just making things worse. I'm sure it'll somehow lead Kou to move forward regardless but that's not what Haruka is trying for here.
Kou is the selfish one, here

Users who are viewing this thread