Yofukashi no Uta - Vol. 18 Ch. 170 - Welcome To My Home

Dex-chan lover
Hatsuka noticed that blush... next girls' talk will be fun XD.

Having a vamp that specializes in vampire real state is an oddly specific and really useful ability.

Dex-chan lover
PopsstT.png

:hearts:
azHyHGC.png

Bruh these hands are getting out of control :ROFLMAO:

Dex-chan lover
3 things- 1:wha happa to tonikaku scans? 2: so very very cute, also SHE'S SO IN LOVE OMG!!! 3: I just want to remind everyone that this is a nod to the beginning of the series and how they met at a vending machine with beer too!
It got licensed so Tonikaku dropped it. Shame because I really loved their localization work and felt they were less ambiguous at certain points, but it is what it is.

Dex-chan lover
Nazuna just needed a live laugh love sign in her house and she was good to go

Dex-chan lover
It got licensed so Tonikaku dropped it. Shame because I really loved their localization work and felt they were less ambiguous at certain points, but it is what it is.

It's been licensed for a year or more and they still translated it. Might have to do with simulpub or sniping by other groups or they're slowing down. Or did they make a post?

Dex-chan lover
@deadrabbits Aw c'mon. Not all localization is bad. I feel like the worst examples give the whole idea a bad name.

Speaking as a writer, if something I wrote was to be translated, I'd hope the translation would 1, capture the plot relevant meaning, and 2, capture the expressed feelings in a culturally intuitive way.

Tonikaku's localization was largely limited to the language characters used. As I understand it, tone and meaning in Japanese has more to do with how you say it than your word choice. That's less applicable to english. So a direct translation might lose the tone which would be intuitive to a native Japanese speaker. As an example, Nazuna said "thankies" in one of the earlier chapters. I doubt that's a direct translation of what she said, but I suspect that was a direct translation of the tone in which she said it, if that makes sense. I feel like the authentic emotion tells you a lot more about characters and their relationships than authentic dialogue - at least most of the time.

Of course, I don't know Japanese. This is just what I've picked up from my brother, who does know Japanese and lived in Japan for a few years.

It's been licensed for a year or more and they still translated it. Might have to do with simulpub or sniping by other groups or they're slowing down. Or did they make a post?
No post made that I know of. Purportedly they're dropping because of VIZ. This is just something that was mentioned in the last thread, and given that they haven't uploaded, I just assumed it was true.
yWzWK08.png

Dex-chan lover
I also think this is super cute but he's a middle schooler and she's like 50 or something???
...who's a hyrbid vampire born under questionable origins who never seemed to have a childhood, has the emotional development of an middle schooler, and a memory that goes back what, a hand full of years? Age, in this case, isn't really the factor so many people make it out to be. If she were a regular 50yr old human that'd be one thing, but she's practically closer to being a unicorn.

Dex-chan lover
Buncha that Japanese youth/innocence idealization going on here. When will they learn puberty normally sucks balls too

Dex-chan lover
Yetanotheranon guy Thank you specially because VIZ( was it ?) Made Call of the Night American only.

Group Leader
Yeah we dropped it because if the simulpub. Or kind of simulpub I guess. It seems Viz releases the chapter 8 hours after it comes out in Japan,

Users who are viewing this thread