Yofukashi no Uta

Holy hell, lately I've been having a horrible sleeping schedule (online classes really affect you...) and this manga is just perfect to read on this long nights!

Seriously, I loved kara no kyoukai for it's nightly aesthetic and this one is also a perfect representation of how the world changes when the sun set's down.

Fed-Kun's army
i remember when this got only a few chapters but now wow thank you for the meal.

I loved the last page of chapter 51
The panel with Nazuna's exaggerated teeth is a reminder that Nazuna, just like Kiku is not a human, and not a being that we as humans may understand.

The panel featuring her teeth looks visceral enough to remind us that she is just attractive by design, to lure potential victims to be her prey, but by no means human and Kou's thoughts on why he's drawn to her alludes to this idea that her has been lured by her (whether intentionally or not).

Although i doubt that the mc will have a bad ending (probably a bittersweet one at worst), i feel like the next arc is going to deeply showcase the dark side/predatory nature of the vampires, for both Kiku and Nazuna.

Fed-Kun's army
When I was a teen and skipping school to wander the streets all I met were drunks, tweakers, and homeless.

Double-page supporter
I just realised that it's just a doomer's escapatory manga just as the isekai is the mean of escapism of neets.
It's just a doomer being saved from his failing boring life by mystical caracters

@miglouche @PepePatate you make it dound like doomer escapism is a bad thing.
Anyways, that weirdly specific genre has been around a lot longer than isekai has... And its's usually a lot lewder. The rest of the world just calls it fantasy. Pretty much every novel written with vampires or werewolves or witches (that isnt made explicitly for teens) is just smut disguised by a veneer of magical nonsense and just enough adventure to make you forget reality.
Following that line of thought though, I'd say that pretty much all fictional media counts as escapism. Reading, gaming, tv, it's all there to take our minds away from our own miserable existences in an increasingly corporate, synthetic society.
Nothing matters anymore, especially not the individual. Fiction is an easier way out of that than actually fixing our society.

I just cant understand why no one is translating more frecuently... its an incredible manga...

Double-page supporter
it´s been almost 50 days since the last update. maybe `Tonikaku Scans`` has forgotten about this manga...@monka188

Users who are viewing this thread