Yoku Wakaranai Keredo Isekai ni Tensei Shiteita You Desu - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - I don't really get it but, I'm not in the mood for my "daily routine"

Dex-chan lover
Jesus, the amount of psychopaths saying, "Should have killed the kids" is real fucking worrying.

Jesus Christ, people.

Dex-chan lover
Just want to masturbate in peace and not be bothered by people wanting to take advantage of her

Group Leader
Why the hell do these villagers feel like they’re so entitled to free expensive medicine thats hard to come by? I ask that rhetorically, because I honestly don’t care about them. They should at least have the commitment and fortitude to offer themselves as slaves to repay her if they truly wanted them save lives rather than make an easy buck. They remind me of the “starving” homeless panhandling and begging for money to “buy food”, but as soon as you offer them any food, they refuse and demand you give them money instead, obviously more interested in using the money for their vices like booze and drugs.

The rude villagers can all die from disease, famine, or monsters for all I care. And after reading the spoilers, I hate everybody in this chapter even more...the only saving grace is the loyal wolf companion.

Dex-chan lover
@Nep :
They had been doing fine without the extra money so far...
Not necessarily. Villagers suffering from crippling poverty is a trope for a reason, it is what happened to often in history.

@GodsEnWrath : it is not a lack of a conscience, it is more tribalism causing their conscience to only act up with regards to their group. Any outsider, and the Mc is one to them, is not to be trusted and fair game. This trait did help in out development up to a certain point, but as we developed as a civilization the cases where it helps started to get outweighed by where it hurts us, and unfortunately it is still way to strong in humanity (see all the racism, nationalism, religious persecution, rural vs urban, etc out there) but now only really serves to hurt us and hinder progress.

@Harry_Dong : The brother offered to procure the ingredients at least, he is willing to put in some effort/compensation but is very desperate and has little to offer. Just does not have the sense or tact to deal with her properly.

Dex-chan lover
@ReRead

Might wanna talk with your therapist or stop reading NTR/Ugly Bastard doujins.

There is no Tragedy tag in the first place, just a Loner reincarnated Coomer in her efforts to grind skills to Lv 10.

Literally none of what you said happens. A joke among the WN translation site I read it on is that this is a cooking story that sometimes breaks into Fantasy or overarching plot.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, the classic "I want to live a quiet life but through my own fuckery my life is no longer quiet"

Dex-chan lover
The translation was good; I don't really care if it has the text in the bubbles or not. Thanks for the chapter!

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@sjmcc13
Poverty is a state or condition in which a person or community lacks the financial resources and essentials for a minimum standard of living

Villagers suffering from poverty is a thing but judging from the lack of rags on the girl, the fact that the guy is able to become an adventurer (too poor = no money for initial investment such as weapons), the amount of vegetables, shops "running out of medicine" (meant supply < money), etc. They have "sufficient" wealth for clothes, house, food, and medicine with the medicine running out before their cash because of the epidemic. From this we can judge that the villagers aren't "suffering from poverty".

At the very least, they are not in a situation where they desperately need money. On the other hand, there was an epidemic where the whole village was pretty much bedridden. Having a few extra miracle cures on hand is definitely better. So yes, the mother has short sighted greed.

Basically, if everyone in the village is sick from a very contagious disease and you sell your ONLY REMAINING MEDICINE for money (which you obviously can't use to buy more medicine) then you will just end up as a rich corpse.

@ravidya I know, its pretty scary that the number of bloodthirsty individuals we have on Mangadex are increasing. Not only do they suggest killing children, they seem to suggest genocide at the smallest incidence.

Boss, how about you typeset over the original Japanese text instead of cleaning them? Just blur it out a bit and type over it. Not hating though, thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@Nep : Lack of rags mean little when people, especially villagers, use to make their own cloths. In a city it would be expected in the poorest areas, but someone living where the materials for cloths can be grown (Flax, Hemp and wool) would normally not be wearing rags regardless of poverty levels.

Also, I doubt you realize how little the initial investment needed to become an adventurer would actually be, plus a lot of people would not be leaving to a dangerous life if they had decently secure homes. That 2 siblings had left normally means that the family was having issues supporting itself and they left to lighten the burden, plus possibly send back funds.

The supply issues are because it is an epidemic, and not just their family. Much of the village is sick and people have died. the village ran out of medicine.

Dex-chan lover
@Rabby
Oh dammit... this mean "she" will end with some dude?
Why every damn isekai GB throw this yaoi shit at you? Especially when it keep to remind that she is still an "old man" in her mind.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@sjmcc13 Lack of rags mean little but if they are really poor their clothes would have those 'resewn patches' thing as a result of resewing. (Look at Maine's yellow patch from Ascendance)

Initial investment to become an adventurer includes one weapon. Its only "free" if they are lucky enough to find a cypress stick laying around somewhere. if they can't then chances are both siblings would be dead (for setting out with only his fists and promptly getting eaten) or the girl would be sold off (for being 'younger and useless' ). Also now that two siblings have left to adventure and fund the village, it also means that they are not dirt poor.

Supply issue is because it is an epidemic. That means a lot of people went to the shop to buy medicine till it ran out. This also means they have enough savings to actually buy medicine. And like I said, selling the cure simply risks them being rich corpses as opposed to poor citizens.
Yes they are poor but it is not on the level of poverty since their lives are sustainable.

It all boils down to a simple question. Medicine or money. Which of the two is more necessary at the point in time for survival? If the answer is money (need money to buy food, etc) then the mother's actions are reasonable. If the answer is medicine, then the mother's actions is just stupid greed.

Users who are viewing this thread