Yoku Wakaranai Keredo Isekai ni Tensei Shiteita You Desu - Vol. 8 Ch. 36 - I Don't Really Get It But, It Seems Like a Fateful Reunion

Dex-chan lover
Are we supposed to recognize this Toriella girl? I went back to the first few chapters and didn't see anything about her.

Anyway thanks for the new chapter! Always liked this series.
No. She is from Ren's life before she remembered her reincarnation. So, in other words, from before chapter 1. So you are meeting her (and the other kids from the orphanage where she grew up) starting now.

Remember this isn't a 'possession' story, where the Isekai'ed MC wakes up in a character's body, it's a reincarnation. Ren grew up from birth in this world. She just didn't remember her previous life until she nearly died in the carriage accident.

Dex-chan lover
Are we supposed to recognize this Toriella girl? I went back to the first few chapters and didn't see anything about her.

The manga never introduced her until this chapter i recall. Given that there are few mentions of MC former owner "Frog face merchant", I thing this is opening of new arc involving orphanage and the merchant.

Dex-chan lover

No, we're not. It was explained that she was Ren's best friend at the orphanage she was living in prior to the events of the first chapter. We never met any of those people, only got told vaguely that she had been in an orphanage before that accident.

Dex-chan lover
S
Even when we got the insanely low quality translations a few months back, this chapter made me tear up a bit

I know our mc’s backstory has been mostly ignored up to this point, but it’s just really nice that she was able to reconnect with an old friend and help her

heres Hoping they stay in touch and mc gets a new ally, like the small army of children she trained up in the other town.
She seems present up untill vol 12 cover, so who knows if she is still present on later vols.
Edit: or maybe even 13 while the other girl looks very diferent it could be her with more cute clothes, same hair color and eye color.

Dex-chan lover
mmmm? but butterfly effect is normally used when those little things make other things go out of control or change in a big way.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter! Ren forgot to tell Toriella not to let others know she survived. That will probably be a problem. She seems nice so I'm going to assume innocent mistake. Telling the other orphans and then word gets out to frog dude by accident, completely unintentional.

Dex-chan lover
Now see, the butterfly effect often can mean something terrible, so I’m HOPING the friend is a good bean

Dex-chan lover
Now see, the butterfly effect often can mean something terrible, so I’m HOPING the friend is a good bean
it just means a small change can cause tremendous changes in the future. Whether that is bad or good is up to fate.

If you look at this optimistically, maybe the sword got too OP and the friend accidentally becomes a hero thanks to the sword?

Dex-chan lover
Remember this isn't a 'possession' story, where the Isekai'ed MC wakes up in a character's body, it's a reincarnation. Ren grew up from birth in this world. She just didn't remember her previous life until she nearly died in the carriage accident.
Most of the time, it doesn't matter which it is. Nor that it's even an isekai in the first place. I think about 70%-80% of isekai stories can be rewritten to be more like DanMachi, which has the exact same feel as most isekais without actually being one. In 90% of where it does matter it's just that the MC knows exactly how to construct modern technology only invented in the last few thousand years, like water pumps, crop rotation, or soap.

And in a lot of cases for this specific variant, there's little difference between an actual possession and a reincarnation with memories of the previous life. Sometimes the character herself doesn't even know which it is. The old memories suddenly appear, and the character doesn't know if she just got placed into a body with access to the body's memories, or just remembered stuff.

Double-page supporter
It's nice the translation continue. I'm tempting to read the Indonesia translation that already in chapter 53.

Users who are viewing this thread