Yondome wa Iya na Shizokusei Majutsushi - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Mind Your Step

Double-page supporter
@migh
The concept of "main girl" doesn't apply to this series. It has a HUGE cast of characters eventually. The woman you might be thinking of is his mother (in his 2nd reincarnation/3rd world). AKA Death mage doesn't want a 4th time (reincarnation). At this point in the story, yeah she's been burned to death (doesn't count as a spoiler at this point).

And as for the MC, he is a death mage so someone dying isn't the end per say. What is a spoiler about that -
Only as of the latest LN translated chapters has he finally been able to resurrect her into a living body(rather than being undead).
but that's hardly the most interesting thing that happens with this series.

Dex-chan lover
where did the earth golem come from? Did his mom leave it behind for defense when no one is home?

Dex-chan lover
@Liquidxlax Na. Remember when Van used his magic on the wall (as well as pots and pans and knives and furniture) in the 4th chapter? His old death magic skills kinda translated into his 3rd life as two avenues: death magic (organics) and golem magic (inorganics). Like Lazy Dungeon Master, he isn't restricted to just making humanoid golems (loose sand/dirt is a lot easier to reshape into a classic golem than forged metals and furniture).

Dex-chan lover
@Moridin69 It's been a while since I read chapters where he used golems, but aren't they also created by having spirits and such inhabit stuff, same as the flying kitchen utensils and vines? It's not standard golemancy, at least

Dex-chan lover
@Crombs correct. Really, his way of golemancy is still basically a form of necromancy. He just isn't limited to organic/previously alive things. So his golems are really just a different form of undead (i think chapter 4 even states he turns part of the wall undead).

once he gets starts getting skills, he gets an actual golem making skill to represent his ability to make them, but I think it just makes it less costly & gives him more ability to reshape the base material. The spirit infusion is his actual 'make golem'. His golems are definitely more versatile & numerous than normal golem making in this world.

its also potentially 'hellish' for the spirit, as being forced into a shape & purpose that isn't anything like what the were in life washes them out faster, until their spirit reshapes into their new shape & purpose. Most of the spirits around van are long 'washed out', so it doesn't do anything to them. But he does occasionally punish people who pissed him off by re-purposing their very recently dead spirit (like making someone into a printing press)

Aggregator gang
Ah, so the mother can float around like a spirit. Kinda like those from the previous world (whatever happened to them btw, they gone from the story now ? the crew in his research room)

Well, I wonder what he does with these tools. Guessing hes gunna kill them at least.

Dex-chan lover
Crossing off another entry on the list of things I never thought I'd describe: A skeleton gorilla lost in an arm-wrestling match with a baby.

Users who are viewing this thread