Yondome wa Iya na Shizokusei Majutsushi - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - Did you Ever Imagine That One Day you Could Save a Damsel in Distress?

Wonderful, I've been waiting for the novel to get more chapters for SO LONG. This is a wonderful stopgap.

Dex-chan lover
It's skewed how isekais are hellbent on using the names of traditional fantasy creatures but go all out into changing everything else. Ghoul: Dark elf girls with lion/gorilla hybrid males that is a twin sister race of vampires, lol.
Anime needs to go back to it's weeb roots, like calling vampire/zombie hybrids "Shiki" or something.

Reach adulthood doesnt give the right impression when it means got pregnant for the first time
Reach adulthood soundz stupid when looking at Zadiris youngest daughter

Dex-chan lover
@ShadowWolfXIII I know Ghouls are living beings. but the average lifespan is 300, she's 290. Because they don't physically age, that must mean they just magically deteriorate, possibly suddenly. As such, she's got high potential of effectively being a granny with one foot in the grave. Add that to the pattern of all the other companions including dear ol' Mum basically being individuals granted extended undeath by the MC (though a more complete resurrection is planned for Mommy), and I think I can be forgiven for thinking her days with a pulse are numbered.

@icarushector
he literally has a spell to reverse aging hes a death mage controling death and age is kinda his wheel house its was one of the main reasons for the experments in orgin Immortality and the cure to all Diseases

Dex-chan lover
@ShadowWolfXIII I remember the experiments feeling more like scifi lichdom experiments. After all, all the test subjects were undead. It was also... a year ago, damn.

Dex-chan lover
I knew the males were supposed to look more monster like but seeing them actually look like some dark leomon is acually cool.

Expressionless undeads were one thing but making big male ghouls heart go 'kyun' is too darn stupidly cute.

@icarushector god it has been a year. but ya those were the big goals but besides that for new reserchers there was a you came in later so the easier result / understanding and uses have been found but you better show me results or your fired mentality at the facility so at a certain point their just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks thats how you get experiment that a normal person would ask "what the fuck is wrong with you" like
is mana contain in the heart? Lets surgically removed her heart and replaced with a mana-powered pump, purely as a proof that she still had mana in her body if she does it will power the pump and she'll live if not she'll die

Contributor
@kwendy All signs point to yes, but they're not doing it because "they have a conscious".

Unrelated Ghoul Pic:
ova2_13.JPG

Dex-chan lover
@kwendy

Yup.
Though while they find humans tasty, they avoid them like the plague since they know people send out others to investigate when people go missing. Adventurers are a small exception since it’s normal for them to go missing every now and then.

Too bad this series has slow update, since ln has good story

Dex-chan lover
Quality over quantity, though the Light Novel is much further than the manga @Katashu

Honestly, this is one of my favorite Isekai protagonists because of how much he has endured and how tragic his story his. Every action he takes has a textual and in-universe justification for it and he's not just a Gary Stu like most of the others.

Dex-chan lover
@Redice and @Salfaro not really Dark Elves, they're described as having muddy brown looking skin, more like Chinese ghouls, plus they have those long sharp nails with poison.

@Redice Yeah, this series has a strong emphasis on western fantasy, especially the creatures. There are also a lot of obscure ones that end up being used like I had no idea what an Empusa was until I read Death Mage.

@Tamerlane Yeah, Vandalieu is one of my favourite isekai protagonists too. What I like most is how he rationalizes his own actions and morality. He just seems to have such a clear perspective of things.

Users who are viewing this thread