Yondome wa Iya na Shizokusei Majutsushi - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - Did you Ever Imagine That One Day you Could Save a Damsel in Distress?

Double-page supporter
Ah he had such humble roots back in less crazy days. This is the first real major turning point for him and the story.
And while some may have guessed already, his death charm is pretty effective on the ghouls too (Zadiris was guessing it was the vampire blood) though not to the degree as undead/spirits.

Minor/predictable spoiler -
Those ghouls will never leave him. And of course Zadiris's age problem has a solution.

Not quite a "spoiler" since it happened 100k years ago - Zadiris just got to hug
her (reborn) ancestor while talking about him, though neither of them know it currently. Part of the broken soul of Zakkart - and 3 other heroes whose souls where also destroyed by Demon King Gundaris during his invasion - they where put together, sent to Earth, and that soul is now Vandalieu. Consider that the only good thing Rodcorte ever did (and he only did it to solve an error in his transmigration system). This origin is likely the source of Van's abnormalities/abilities. But (the ever incompetent) Rodcorte didn't keep track of it and didn't recognize that soul for what it was. And that's gonna bite him in the ass.

The Goddess Vida recognized the soul when he was sent to this world (Lamda) and she changed what was supposed to happen - though she cannot remove his curses. But she did what she could under the circumstances. Which is also why he was born as a dampir rather than a human. Vampires and Dark Elves are both Vida's races.
That's still a reveal that wouldn't come for a long time so I still used the spoiler tag.

@saifors
but I don't remember Vandalieu having any kind of awareness towards the opposite sex
He isn't currently interested on account of not having hormones, but he's aware that he will be someday. And he has his previous experience with being a high school teenager with all that entails. It isn't like he forgot what he used to like.

@Koshin
If you dare to read MT, nearly 350 chapters LOL. I hope the manga moves at a good pace, and there are definitely things that could be cut/abridged. For this series I'd really rather they did.

Fed-Kun's army
@es_kan Here's your answer
Nope, Van will grow up and mature, he will forgive his two former worlds and even the Bravers, but he will never forgive his mothers killers and the guys who captured his mother. His mindset is that he'll forgive minor transgressions, and anything that doesn't cause lasting harm to his friends and allies, but he'll never forgive people if his friends grow to hate them. He'll also crush anyone that means i'll will towards his growing family

Dex-chan lover
So, they changed the physical aging concept between the Novel (not sure whether i am reading the LN or WN version), and the Manga, in the regards that the physical appearance of the Ghoul Women get fixed as they reach adulthood, where as in the Novel, their physical aging stops once they give birth.

Wonder, now how they would introduce Zadiris'
daughter who while younger, looks older than her mother, because she didn't give birth yet (physically Zadiris is supposed to be at teenager age, while her daughter is 20+ actually)

Dex-chan lover
With all the comments calling them Leomon I saw some Cinematic parallels.
NCQtGMz.png

Anyone know the netflix adaptation?

The magical realm of this author is really something else. How many wives does he have in the WN? Like 7 I think...

Fed-Kun's army
let me guess...
MC's army just grew by a lot
i hope those male ghouls are strong not only in their looks

Dex-chan lover
@yohane I supposed that the requirement for the mangaka was quite diverse.
Since they must be good at drawing both urban and fantasy environments. As well as comfortably draw skeletons, undeads, more or less Cthulu style beings, really diverse and numerous casts.

I will admit that this mangaka seems to be quite good at drawing skeletons but the rest leave a lot to be desired. I guess part of my misgiving was the fact that the panels looks half finish with missing backgrounds. Some of the characters were just rough sketches as well.

Also Ghoul can secrete paralyzing poison from their claws. Zadiris here hug Van really tight and unintentionally pierce his back and poison him while hugging him.

Dex-chan lover
@icarushector >Why is it that all the MC's companions have to be dead or on the way out soon?

One of the MC's abilities is described as "death-attribute charm". I think it was already introduced by this point of the novel. And you have seen its effects - spirits of the dead and undead like him and go out of their way to help him. It also applies to other beings with death attribute, whatever that means. Judging by Vigaro's reaction, ghouls are included, even if they aren't exactly undead.

@icarushector
that the father of the vampire and ghoul ancestors were the undead remains of one of the champions probably also helps getting them affected y death attribute charm.

Dex-chan lover
@Niemand
Champions? also the fact that undead testicles still function enough to make mostly living offspring is... "hrrrmmmm" inducing

@icarushector
champions are lambdas version of summoned heroes, they were summoned to defeat the demonking 100.000 years ago(Bellwood was already mentioned). Vida tried to revive her champion after the demonking killed him and broke his soul, but since Rodcorte took the soulfragments away he just became a mindless zombie. taking some of the other parents of vida's races into account they were probably not born with sex.

Dex-chan lover
Nice to see that I'm not the only one who thought "Leomon!" when seeing the male ghouls.

@icarushector:
Also, the mouth/jaw guard portion of the living armor that has a MOUTH is goddamn horrifying.
That's not a mouth/jaw guard. The armor is modelled after a sling swimsuit, compared to her sister's bikin-style design; what you're referring to are the two straps that cover the breasts and are attached to a choker (similar to how her sister's bikini top is attached to a choker).

Dex-chan lover
@icarushector: ... If you're talking about the object on the choker, that looks much more like a gemstone to me than a mouth, though I don't fault you for thinking it's the latter.

Dex-chan lover
@icarushector: Huh. Well, I'm guessing they originally belonged to or were intended for some female humanoids, and either they or the armors' maker had a decidedly disturbing sense of fashion.

Dex-chan lover
@MarqFJA87 although I am repulsed, I wouldn't expect anything less than this from someone who would sell these to adventuring women and call it protection.

Users who are viewing this thread