Yondome wa Iya na Shizokusei Majutsushi - Vol. 4 Ch. 18 - Ghoul King

Dex-chan lover
@Leo80221

The problem with what you're suggesting, is that while those things are magic, he can't use those types of magic, but if he could, he could do it way more for way longer than anyone else.

Dex-chan lover
@RanmaChaos Kind of feels like the opposite of Solo Leveling, in a way
SL's story is terribly generic (see: the 1000s of other generic isekai and/or fantasy manga with a weak MC that becomes OP, and everyone around him lives to suck his dick put him on a pedestal - power creep aside), but the art is legit godtier

This one's story is actually pretty decent (with some of the similar isekai trappings, but at least some of the tropes are subverted), but man. Imagine if this had Solo Leveling-tier art.

So thats what Kachia, Orcs, and Orc Nobles look like I was kinda expecting orcs to look a bit fatter but that might just be how I view them. SPOILERS FOR THE WN
I can't wait to see what Luciliano
actually looks like
Its nice being able to see what side characters and other characters in general are suppose to look like I do hope that the manga goes on for a while and doesn't get dropped/axed by the publisher because there are some people who much prefer to read the manga than the WN

Fed-Kun's army
i'm a follower of vandalieu religion, but sometimes i still think that his death attribute charm is just an overly convenient mind controlling skill
even after the huge reveal of his soul's origin

Fed-Kun's army
@TehSDragon Personally i think it would loose much of its charme with SL-artstyle, as much as the style fits SL I dont think it would fit here. I think the artstyle in itself fits well, but it certainly would be great if it was cleaner in execution (much parts that look a bit like not cleaned after sketching) and maybe had a bit more details.

Dex-chan lover
@Silwith Oh no I didn't mean like actual Solo Leveling-style art, just that general level. Higher quality, more polish, more care and attention to detail.
To be fair, though, IIRC this manga is (probably?) primarily hand-drawn, whereas SL is pretty much 100% digital so it's not a fair comparison to make, but yeah

Fed-Kun's army
@TehSDragon Ah, okay, misunderstood then, I agree, this manga would profit from more polish :D I guess its about money/time? I mean, i prefer having it as it is instead of not having it because its too costly :D guess it will just have to do ^^

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting. Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fight."

- Sun Tsun, Art of Tsundere

Fed-Kun's army
I love this story and get stoked every time a new chapter of the manga is posted. I've read the novel for a long time and hoped one day it would become a manga or anime.
Anyway, I still have a hard time getting used to the male ghouls actually being Beastkin. Shattered my traditional view of what ghouls should look like. But, it's cool. Sometimes the artist really goes overboard on how he draws those gorilla like arms, though. Looks really weird.

Aggregator gang
Almost got teary eyed when mc show genuine for the ghouls. They ain't ideal but they are his first real family after his mother.

Double-page supporter
The only difference between this and other 'revenge' isekais is the mc is a little baby.

Dex-chan lover
@Tonikill1: As someone who had read the Novel for this series, i would only say that the "Revenge" part of this series is actually a very weak aspect and isn't really used much at all.

Until the current Novel translation, were MC is around 10+ years old and soon going to be going through puberty, he had only technically killed 1-2 people as a personal revenge (both of them related to his parents in this 3rd life). The rest of the killings are done for survival.

@Morose you should tag every comment about something that is not in this chapter or the ones before with a spoiler tag, while scrolling the eyes can still catch some words. and this is not nice at all

For anyone wanting more, there are 50 chapters translated already on the translator's website (as of the time of this comment).
No idea why they aren't publishing them here as well, they seem to be doing so for their other series even to this day, but not this one for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread