Yondome wa Iya na Shizokusei Majutsushi - Vol. 5 Ch. 21 - Talea's Weapon

Dex-chan lover
2 months of wait for a chapter of a side characters flash back...during a war arc. Why am i even fkin surprised aat this point.

If someone have read the light-novel, could you please give me as many spoils as possible about what happens once he's dealt with those orcs please ?
Is he going to lead a kingdom or something ?
Thanks a lot for your time !
Even better, he's several tier mightier than
gods

Mad respect to Talea. I wonder if she's ever thought of checking on her former family's descendants?

@Nago !!!WARNING THIS IS MASSIVE SPOILERS!!!
Despite this novels tragic beginnings, most of the novel can be considered an action dark comedy.

After defeating the noble Orcs and doing some stuff, Van will unite the ghouls and move with them to the ruined city of Talos which is overrun with the undead titans(they are mini-giants), but the undead like Van so they just kind of settle the city. Van is named the holy son of Vida by an undead priest, and everyone names him emperor of the newly rebuilt city, despite his wish. The human nation Van and the ghouls are sort of running away from will attack the city and fail and all die, some of them will join the city as undead. Then Van will try his first, of many times, to peacefully contact the nation on the other side of the mountain range that accepts the worship of Vida. Local officials there are ,of course, corrupt and Van helps free the enslaved ancestors of the undead titans(although some of them were from the titan Talos was wrecked as Titans live along time.

At this point the first big event from Origin happens and Rodcort finally see that maybe he has to take out Van. One of other reincarnated individuals is murdered( for good reasons) and Rodcort send him to kill Van. Van wins the fight and breaks his soul(I forget if he breaks his soul or eats it at this point).

Anyway I left out a few events, but this is a very rough draft of what happens in the first 50 chapters or so.

Double-page supporter
holy shit, have a dark past but she is still strong. One hell of a woman

Shiet again I remember that fucked chapter at goblin slayer

Aggregator gang
@Serapheid so true ! I don't really understand the obsession some people have with virginity, it only means the person don't have practical sex experience, what's special about that ?
And every Ghoul woman needs to get pregnant to stop aging so if they remain virgin waiting for Van by the time he finally reached adulthood they would look too old for him.

Dex-chan lover
@Serapheid : Y'know, reading your comment reminds me of
Kirito

Where his tragedies occur in the early day of SAO.

Then by the time much of the story of SAO begin in honest, he's basically a paragon character who doesn't really have much character growth besides more DETERMINATION to not repeat the tragedy of his past.
Instead the one getting any character growth are the characters who interact with him, with each arc featuring a 'main character' who get inspired by Kirito and overcome their internal issue.

Dex-chan lover
@Vman

Just breaks. It happened from a “distance” so no devouring yet.

@Shakur

Right? I can understand if it was some other type of story like political fantasy where it matters, but in this case some people just have a set idea that virginity = purity/unsullied or whatever they’d like to call it, and somehow can’t stand it when they aren’t.

@WhimsiCat

Heh, that’s interesting. I’ve been putting off reading that for the longest time, but I should probably look it up soon. Was more in favor of Mahouka at the time, but now’s a good time since I’m almost out of stuff I’m interested in.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh, so being a ghoul is one way to vastly increase your lifespan, inderesting

Dex-chan lover
@Morose
Yeah, but a one time cash injection isn't likely to solve the father's fundamental problems. Or the son's, for that matter.

Dex-chan lover
@Serapheid : Yeah, definitely go for the reading, and not the anime
Since the anime put much of the spotlight on Kirito, it ironically weaken the impact of the character growth the others go through (which to be fair is often in internal monologue/train of thought way, and I haven't seen any anime do multi-POV internal thoughts since Log Horizon)

Well.... Someone's not winning any awards... No I take it back they are definitely winning an award, but not one that they should be proud of!😡

Double-page supporter
fuckin damn, she's had it rough. Shitty as dad, shitty brother, supposedly absentee mother, betrayed by her own dad, raped as a prostitute, forced to turn into a ghoul once she finally escaped, then raped as a ghoul. What is with all these "darker" isekais and always using rape as the primary form of backstory for women characters? It's becoming way to cliched and I absolutely hate it when rape happens. People need to start getting creative with how they create darker backstories other than just RAPE RAPE RAPE.

I swear though a lot of these weird shitty tropes in Japanese manga seem to come out from a repressed society with no outlet to healthily vent everything. I love their culture, but I also hate a huge part of the unhealthy and toxic culture. Some people glorify Japan too much and ignore just how shitty it can get and usually does.

Users who are viewing this thread