Yotsuba&! - Ch. 113 - Yotsuba and Hobbies

Fed-Kun's army
Fuuka is dead
ZprA7Nw.png

Fed-Kun's army
In the TL notes the yen conversion is way off... since the manga sort of takes place in present day whenever released, ¥100 would be $.67

I have generally found moving the decimal point to the left twice is enough to roughly convert it, but it's generally been falling, so like a 30% discount on top of that.

Fed-Kun's army
What's with this translation? It seems really amateurish compared to the other chapters.
The typesetting isn't centered, and takes up too much room on the speech bubbles. There's weird typos, like Fuuka yelling a question without a question mark, not to mention the weird 'joke' about Ena saying "yoshi" and adding a TL note saying it's about some old historical figure? Bento can also just be translated as packed lunch, but is a well enough known term where you can just write it as bento, but making it out to be "obentou" seems a tad much.

Ore

Dex-chan lover
In the TL notes the yen conversion is way off... since the manga sort of takes place in present day whenever released, ¥100 would be $.67

I have generally found moving the decimal point to the left twice is enough to roughly convert it, but it's generally been falling, so like a 30% discount on top of that.
Yep. The yen has had a massive drop in exchange rates but not as far as the TL note pictures it. 1/10 of its exchange a few years ago would be apocalyptic.

This might sound selfish but makes it a good time to buy goods from over there.

Double-page supporter

depends what country youre from

Users who are viewing this thread