Youjo Senki - Vol. 15 Ch. 42 - Preparation to Move Forward II

Dex-chan lover
@Mahtan They didn't go into detail. Tanya just called them commies cause they're Russians and she hates commies. But the movie never showed anything to confirm or deny it.

Dex-chan lover
@godrelik more like; high altitude observation for artilery. The rocket booster is still receipt as artilery not a "rocket propellant" for increasing speed for the mage so they will not taken down when climbing and stay behind enemy line.

Dex-chan lover
@ultimatehaki
If you re-watch the movie paying more attention about it you will find that the movie is very clear in that Russia is a communist lead country already, with both the Empire and the Americas recognizing it as communist and even the the politicians of Russia refer to themselves as communists. Which made me question if the movie made this mistake or if it is also in the light novel.
Also there is no reason to have Tanya making this mistake as Tanya is portrait as someone that knows the story of WWI from her previous life and would know that Russia was not communist in WWI.

Power Uploader
@mahtan The movie is set in 1926. The world is still at war.

USSR was created, in our timeline, in 1922.

I don't see why there wouldn't be commies in that world.

If I remember correctly, Viktoriya Ivanovna Serebryakov's family fled not-Russia to settle in not-Germany because of the revolution there.

Power Uploader
The whole point of the plot, and the irony, is that by allowing the Empire to win over and over again, against all odds, Tanya actually prolonged the war well beyond what it should have lasted, even though he/she wants to war to end quickly. Because the rest of the world is terrified that an Hegemon will appear in not-Europe.

So not-Russia, not-England and not-USA eventually join the war because they feel threatened by the Empire, thus prolonging the war.

But Tanya keeps winning, because Being-X keeps on pushing her.

Dex-chan lover
Is it just me or does Tanya have swimsuit tan lines on the cover page?
Not complaining at all.

Also rocket delivery of a loli sounds great, I'll take one.

Dex-chan lover
@Kirin-kun
But even with the year it doesn't make sense because Tanya is born in 1918, when the war should have been over, and just enter the army in 1921, way after the first world war ended, and while there was an war happening it was not a world war and as such the time line has to be adjusted when taking the events from our world into the story of Youjo Senki. Since when Russia entered the war it was not communist it should not be communist yet in Youjo Senki, at least until after the war had become into the World War.

But from what you said that is already wrong in the light novel itself, which I just found strange because everything else is correct for the WWI, so thank you for indirectly answering my question.

That chocolate analogy is really twisted, it seems it fits her as a child, until you remember the drugs on it and in overdoses.

@godrelik it seems like it's more of a mixture of both wars, I'm not aware of what's happening in the novels but from almost the beginning I've been expecting magic inspired nuclear bombs.

Aggregator gang
Lol Tanya want a V 2 rocket but misunderstanding of putting her in instead

@mahtan You got the timeline wrong. Tanya was born in 1911. Also,
not-Russia is communist in the light novels. Just no definite timeline on when they became so, only hints that i t was relatively recent.
@SilverWold Nah, this is still within Season 1.

Fed-Kun's army
the anime butchered 80% of the content, it is not wise to compare the 2 materials
though i still totally love the anime, mostly thanks to aoi yuuki's splendid voice acting

Dex-chan lover
@BlurEyes
It would be that we both are wrong in this one as in Chapter 1 Page 18 dates 18 July 1914 and Tanya is still a baby in that time, which would put her as being born in that year a few months prior.
Given most sources put her age when she becomes part of the army at 7 and first mission at 9 and the war has still not developed into a world war it can be said that of 1925 the world war has yet to start in Tanya's world.

Thanks for the clarification on the light novel position!

@ichi24 yeah the novels are packed to the brim with details, including military terminology - with comments.

Users who are viewing this thread