Youjo Senki - Vol. 15 Ch. 42 - Preparation to Move Forward II

Power Uploader
@mahtan https://youjo-senki.fandom.com/wiki/Youjo_Senki_Timeline She's born in 1914 and enrolled in 1922, when the war was already underway.

Their war started later than our WW1 it seems.

Anyway, these are just speculations. It's an alternate history, with magic. It's a bit useless to try to map it to our own history, despite the similarities.

Dex-chan lover
ah yes....this scene. and it's going to get even more fleshed out than the anime, as usual.

PoH

No one from Flight 203 have actually died right? Just some wounded guys.

Dex-chan lover
@PoH Seeing how they emphasized just one guy being out of commission because of a poisonous potato, and Tanya lamenting suffering her first casualty that way...yea, I think if anybody else was lost, the story would've mentioned it.

Dex-chan lover
@Kirin-kun But by throwing in Mary Sue, isn't Being-X basically trying to stop her now?
Really! Make up your mind goddammit!! I can't understand the thought process of Being-X...are they really smart that I just can't grasp their thoughts, or are they literally just dumb, throwing in whatever they think is gonna bother Tanya.

Anyway, prolonging the war? She wants to WIN it. That's literally the point of throwing her in a country that's doomed to lose. She understood her fate and has decided to change it. She was born as an orphan girl with mage powers, in that world that basically means every other path is blocked other than becoming a flight mage. And if you don't remember how she became Argent, you should re-read. She literally got it against her will when she was about to die but miraculously survived. Sooooo...that means, if the Empire doesn't win, she'll most likely be captured and executed by the enemy countries. (And now after all she's done with her earning the title of 'Devil of the Rhine', she's DEFINITELY gonna get executed if they lose.)

Power Uploader
@PoH in the LN at least, some members of the Flight die during battle. It's not realistic to have zero loss. The squad commanders, like Visha or Weiss live on though.

Power Uploader
@Walter_vi_Britannia Being-X's goal is to renew the faith of humans in the Gods, as far as I understand. He uses miracle childs for that goal. Tanya on one side, Mary on the other side. As a God, he will make that war last as long as he needs to, to reach his goal.

If he left Tanya as the only miracle child, only the Empire side would "believe" and they would eventually win because Tanya is OP.

As a bonus, he wants to convince the ex-salary-man that men should have faith in Gods.

All this time, the salary man has been struggling against a nearly omnipotent being who manipulates some pawns into prolonging the war and thinks that when people are desperate enough, they will turn toward religion again.

Dex-chan lover
@Kirin-kun Ahh, so that's it. How manipulative. But yea, my reasoning for why Tanya basically prolonging the war even though she doesn't want to being something she can't do anything about still stands. Her only way now is to make the country that is doomed to lose, win...no matter how long it takes. Cause that's the only way for HER to survive.

Dex-chan lover
Once again, Tanya's nonsense come back to haunt her again. They really take everything out of her mouth too seriously.

Sooooo...that means, if the Empire doesn't win, she'll most likely be captured and executed by the enemy countries. (And now after all she's done with her earning the title of 'Devil of the Rhine', she's DEFINITELY gonna get executed if they lose.)

From her perspective at the time, yes. The future chapters make me think that she gets taken in by one of the victorious nations. You don't try to cover up someone you execute when you have evidence that she was involved in the attack on a neutral nation's ship, the massacre, her general battle record, and I'm sure she gets up to a lot more by the time the war ends. Even if they feared public outcry for the execution of a child, they would just use one of her surviving underlings instead for the public one. It is done in an extremely haphazard manner, yes, but they might have thought to hold onto the evidence of her actions in case she ever got out of hand.

@DeadintheWater

I can't say you're wrong, but just to add to the devil's advocate, pride is probably one of the factors involved in the post-war coverups and whatever else that happened to Tanya, so a private execution might not be off the cards just yet, regardless of how unlikely it is. I do remember Andrew the journalist interviewing a retired general about the Eleventh Goddess iirc who, when questioned if there was something worth hiding about, the general got angry saying that Andrew and everyone else couldn't possibly understand because they were not there. I mean, to any not-very-informed receiver of information that the allies were wiped off the floor, at least tactically, on all fronts by a child years off from the age of consent, that would probably be a point of immense shame for them regardless the details. Then again, within the laws of war and history that I know of, her actions as a Major or maybe even up to Lt. Col. shouldn't be enough to convict her of any war crimes, but I don't that know much of either the historical legal issues of war or the untranslated volumes, so there's that.

With that said, I do personally think Tanya would be taken in by one of the victorious nations, probably the Unified States. Such a victorious superpower would definitely want someone of Tanya's caliber, and they'd probably be happy to have a second God-powered soldier. Post-WW2 was an Allied scramble of the best Axis brains and talents, and if applied to this world's contexts, Tanya's natural talents and ability should be counted among them. Even Schugel got into the Commonwealth, so maybe Tanya would squeeze her way in somehow.

Double-page supporter
Seem like that guy in previous chapter comment section was corrected. Half of this chapter are supposed to go into that place before the last space of last chapter.

Group Leader
@CheerTheDead
They just switched the order of pages between chapters 41 and 42. You'll see that the tank version has a 100-page ch41 and a 20-page ch42.

Users who are viewing this thread