Your favorite old ass RPG?

PS1, SNES, or even older more esoteric console.
Chrono Trigger is probably objectively the best I’ve played, but I got most entertainment from Star Ocean 2 on PSX.

Dex-chan lover
The PS1 version of Star Ocean 2 is good, however, I much prefer the PSP one, because of the voice acting and better animated cutscenes. The lunar games are great, too. I really want to try the original SEGA CD versions, but I'm not willing to pay the money for them. And, It's also too bad that Eternal Blue didn't get the rerelease treatment that Silver Star did.

Dex-chan lover
Haven't played a ton of old RPG's, but Final Fantasy IV (the one with Cecil and Kain) was pretty memorable. I replayed it as its DS remake too.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Golden Sun and Pokemon.

Group Leader
Rocket-propelled-grenade-launcher-RPG-7-diagram.jpg

Final Fantasy VI is pretty memorable. I still find myself humming bits of the soundtrack every now and then.

Suikoden II and Final Fantasy Tactics, not just favorites, but also the most memorable because I spent hundreds of hour exploring without looking at Gamefaqs

Honestly going blind is the best way to do it. Even for games like Suikoden 2 that has many secrets.
My best JRPG experience is Growlanser 4 on PSP. The guide on gamefaqs was shit and the wiki is empty. No chance for spoilers.

Users who are viewing this thread