Your Majesty, Please Spare Me This Time

@Arlac Why do all the criticisms I've seen of Abandoned Empress seem like they come from people who haven't read it to the end? Whether or not you agree with the final pairing, the author does an excellent job (at least in the novel, which was the version I read) of explaining exactly why the events of the first timeline happened, and why the new timeline is different from the past. The first timeline was all the tragic result of manipulation from selfish and clueless adults who thought nothing of involving innocent children in their political schemes. It's not,
"She's different now, I guess I shouldn't bully her", it's "She's different now, that's not what my shitty uncle said would happen, am I being manipulated?"

@daallday you are entitled to your own opinion. I think it's incoherent to make it as if someone can change from a literal heartless psychopath to a chill person just because you changed your behavior. I'm not talking about the fact that he did bad stuff but about the extent those bad things went. Being led to be wary of someone doesn't make you become a crazy torturer who will do everything to destroy someone in a conjunction of all the worst ways possible. It's a suspension of disbelief for me. It can not be for you and that's alright. Also, I'm not saying the author doesn't do a good job at the end: I'm saying that, in my opinion, the author did a bad job in the beginning by exaggerating the "ML mistreats FL on the first timeline" trope to an extent that the change on the second one isn't as believable. The issue for my isn't how it was solved, but that the conflict created was so exaggerated that it felt like literally any resolution (that wasn't some major brainwashing magic) would be insufficient to be coherent for me.

@Aralc You're right, it does come down to a difference in opinion. I felt that the poisoning was a sufficient explanation for his behavior in the first timeline. The author showed that the hatred, envy and longing he had for her was pushed to the limits by the years of poisoning. And her years of poisoning exacerbated her stubbornness, irritation and obsession, which made her look even more like a crazy b#tch in his eyes.

I guess the opinions split on whether or not you think the author's fictional poison that heightens negative emotions is an acceptable explanation or a cop out. I choose to focus on the occasional compassion, sympathy, and respect he felt for her through the haze of poisoning. If you can feel compassion for someone you vehemently hate, then you must be inherently good. Thus his "goodness sans poison" in the first timeline is explained.

Damn, I thought this would be like the "I didn't know that the crown prince was disguised as a girl so I treated him nicely and he fell in love with me" kind of story but this is beyond my expectation. I'm looking forward to how they are going to turn into lovers tbh.

This is one of those moment where I fear for the FL's life. Omg I am scared for her. She is cute and the sweetest and humblest person. But that Prince just ruin everything for her. There are reasons for everything, I hope to see the Prince's point of view of why he is what he is

Group Leader
The worst thing about the ML is the fact that hes really really bad like my Guy literally
threatened the MC with a gun and said smile while pointig a gun in her face

they didn't drop this it's on thier website. it has 17&18 iirc https://mysticalmerries.com/series/your-majesty-please-dont-kill-me-again/chapter-17/

Please tell me if she ends up with the emperor. If she actually forgives him then I am dropping this.

The Emperor is propbably the male lead anyway.. I don’t care what reason or what kind of tragic back story he had he’s not redeemable in my eyes

did the emperor kill tori because she was his sister/sibling? they mentioned how she looks like him (hair and eyes) for seemingly no reason at all, so that's what im assuming its foreshadowing.

Ok seriously her family doesn’t seem at all like how she described, her father is super sweet to her and her family does seem to live in some level of “luxury”

I just spoiled my myself & it changed how l took the story ENTIRELY! Oh my-

Fed-Kun's army
a lil surprised at the bad reviews considering 70% of reincarnation or time travel manhwas have similar plots if not worse ❓

if before it was a suspicion, now it is almost a certainty. Tori is a boy, isn't "she"?

Users who are viewing this thread