Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai

Dex-chan lover
Man, this is the best work from japanese I have seen so far.
It even feels like Kimi No Na Wa is a little behind
I must admit, I extracted few points for it being havily overloaded with baseball. It's painful when they speak a lot about something you don't know and don't want to know. Still, 10/10
I've laughed at this the most, I've rooted for the main character to never change the most. And he never betrayed me, until the chapter 80 and through. I think, it's only those with this kind of autism who can pull it through. And it's a good thing.
And then, there was chapter 81. And there I was shocked, amazed, and now I'm somehow overflown with happiness. I guess, I'll feel like that for some time.
And to those, who didn't get it, quoting a certain someone: blow up, normies!

Dex-chan lover
Can't believe Jojo and OPM tards actually raided this series' ratings just because it made them seethe so much what a pathetic bunch.
8zNSXv6.png

The rating was even higher at 9.40, when I saw the raid starting I took a screenshot because I knew this was going to happen, pathetic fucks.

Dex-chan lover
@kuronotsuki I actually wondered as well. According to a friend who read it in Japanese, the last page should read,

"Because we're friends?"
"Friends... is not the word I'd use."

With an author note on the bottom-right that says, "What did Yugami mean when he said 'friends is not the word I'd use'?" with a mention that "The time these two share will continue forever─"

Sooooo coupled with the full moon ("the full moon is beautiful" = "I love you"), and the author's blatant notes, it's pretty strongly, "Yugami's intention is dating & marriage."

I tried reading this for a while, but I gave up in the middle because I couldn’t stand Yugami.

But from certain comments, it seems like I may have given it up too soon.

manga is great, but kinda got the feeling tha author just cant properly do romance
it was only think lacking, there were some moments of it, but very surface
it would kill manga, if it ended more obvious?
main character just pisses of in the end with his usual shet
more than if he was just indecisve
leaving nice (poor) Chihiro on hold

just some "ten years later" and them married with kids would do the trick

@Bazarow It was subtle romance.

About whether the author can or cannot do proper romance, you might be right about that. We will only know in the future works of the author.

Still, even this subtle romance is better and deeper than the average normal romance in the average manga, even though this manga is not a romance manga per se.

Crap, this was amazing... Best slice of life manga I've read so far. If this gets an anime I'd definitely watch.

I'm in love with this manga...reread it four times in the past two weeks. It's very emotionally satisfying. Probably the best slice-of-life manga out there.
EDIT: It's also really pleasing to find a protagonist that didn't need friends and stayed true to that, and coupled with the message Yugami delivers about taking care of yourself first, I feel very at peace.

It's not often that I rate manga perfect tens (although I seem to be giving it out more often these days), but I think this manga deserves it. It has a nearly perfect slow and steady plot progression that I hardly ever noticed while reading it. Along with its stellar central character, Yugami-kun (who single-handedly got me into rakugo), who acts so much like a real person, what with his own small inconsistencies in his main philosophy (especially near the end), that I find it hard to believe that he himself isn't based on an actual person or set of people.

Group Leader
Here's the rough draft to one of the drama CDs: https://files.catbox.moe/vd8jtv.webm
It takes place around volume 6 so spoilers, I guess.
It's been rotting on my hard drive for a while and I don't plan on working on it anytime soon so I made that webm real quick to dump it here. If you want to work off what I did so far, let me know so I can give you the subtitle file.

In other news, Sakura Jun is working on something new so I'm looking forward to that.

@cyand This is amazing news!!

He only has one manga but I already feel that he is an amazing mangaka and this manga was no fluke.

The main reason I feel so is because the manga improves over time and wraps up perfectly. I believe its always harder to wrap up a story compared to starting one!!

Waiting for his new work! Any idea what ir is about??

I can't believe it's been 6 months since I last read this masterpiece. feels like it just ended yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread