Yuko Sae Tatakaeba - Vol. 4 Ch. 39 - Playing On

Aggregator gang
Great :)

It's been a long time since I've finished a manga ( and was satisficed enough)

(screw Beastars)

The ending felt satisfying enough. If this was axe’d they did pretty well to transition, I’ve certainly seen more than my fair share of botched axes, so this is fine.

@Rayodino @Claith Or generally the desire to get new friends to not be so lonely. Actually, I have this theory where the power of a host depends not just on the strength of the desire, but its purity as well. Generally one chosen to be a host will be relatively greedy and their power will be on the curve, but Yuko's is selfless and pure, providing the OP levels. Next is Koyomi who also wants friends, but he goes about it in an egoistic way, so he loses to Yuko. It's quite possible that Yuuga's power up is due to his desire changing - going from a selfish wish, to a more empathic one+his desire to protect Yuko. Similarly Rei went from having no desire, to a pure desire, thus, maybe getting the power necessary to overcome Koyomi's defenses.

@Greyhood The manga was complete ~1 year ago. No news of a sequel or any new work so far. I think last page was either a tease (my bet is on this) or the author jotting down the arcs they had to miss due to an axe.

Contributor
Seeing that announcement makes for one automatic realization: The kidnappers of Yuko are going to regret taking her. Biggest mistake of their lives. (assuming it turns out to be a real announcemnet)

It's sad that it come to an end, it was a fun read after all

@stormwriter that’s a nice theory as well. I really believe there was a lot more stuff they could hint at and expand on to keep the series exciting for a long time but unfortunately it ended too early.

Dex-chan lover
The end fits the theme, I could say.
But it does leave much to desire.

Users who are viewing this thread