Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
Bad as it is, what's now posted is the QCed version. I don't know whether you saw the earlier awfulness.

LOL I did not see the earlier version and yet this QC'd version was (for me) well nigh unreadable. My post on page 5 of the comments sums it up nicely.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like Ashida wanted to talk seriously about the ceiling incident, and Aika turned the conversation towards her.

Supporter
I did have to grab the last bit of the LN Volume One to make heads or tails of this, but it's not the worst.

Basically, Aika was upset that her little sister took to Sasaki as a surrogate big brother type when (for reasons she is still not really aware of) she wants Ai-chan to see Wataru in that spot. She obviously could not directly say that to him at this point of the story and that, combined with her already highly agitated emotional state, left her flustered and unable to speak coherently. Ashida was forced to attempt an Aika-to-Japanese translation while also engaging in her usual mutually teasing banter with Wataru.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
I did have to grab the last bit of the LN Volume One to make heads or tails of this, but it's not the worst.

Basically, Aika was upset that her little sister took to Sasaki as a surrogate big brother type when (for reasons she is still not really aware of) she wants Ai-chan to see Wataru in that spot. She obviously could not directly say that to him at this point of the story and that, combined with her already highly agitated emotional state, left her flustered and unable to speak coherently. Ashida was forced to attempt an Aika-to-Japanese translation while also engaging in her usual mutually teasing banter with Wataru.
That helps a lot, thanks.

Even if the bad translation (no offense) was fixed, we'd be left with bad characters and bad story.

Dex-chan lover
I came to the comments hoping someone could shed some light on what was happening because this is completely unreadable wtf

Dex-chan lover
I am really thinking that some chapters and the whole character development would make more sense with a more consistent translation.
I know they did the effort and no, I can't even read japanese so I can't do better. But I feel we are missing a lot.
The weird part is that some chapters are better and some are worse. To the point of when we got a scene a second time with the FMC perspective it made way more sense

Dex-chan lover
i lost my braincells reading this chapter that i thought im a monolingual guy who doesnt know english.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I want to enjoy enjoy the manga but the TL makes it so hard, holy shit. I had to infer almost every line of dialog in this chapter. Was this translated while the translator was suffering from an aneurysm or having a stroke?

Users who are viewing this thread