Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha - Vol. 4 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter.

Sajou's 'dream' is pretty much symbolizing what is happening between him and Natsukawa. Sajou is the faucet which used to shower Natsukawa (glass) with lots of love but she got overwhelmed and pushed him away. With Sajou realizing this, he obviously stopped and created the distance then on. Though obviously too, containing his love for Natsukawa is starting to take its toll on his mental health in some way and is leading to him breaking down bit by bit and all in the same time, Natsukawa is also starting to see that she actually does appreciate such affection and is now missing it and needs it, not from anyone else but Sajou.
I guess it is now a race against time before Sajou eventually breaks down like the faucet and finally moves on from this long-term affection, making things too late for Natsukawa.

Group Leader
Thanks for the chapter.

Sajou's 'dream' is pretty much symbolizing what is happening between him and Natsukawa. Sajou is the faucet which used to shower Natsukawa (glass) with lots of love but she got overwhelmed and pushed him away. With Sajou realizing this, he obviously stopped and created the distance then on. Though obviously too, containing his love for Natsukawa is starting to take its toll on his mental health in some way and is leading to him breaking down bit by bit and all in the same time, Natsukawa is also starting to see that she actually does appreciate such affection and is now missing it and needs it, not from anyone else but Sajou.
I guess it is now a race against time before Sajou eventually breaks down like the faucet and finally moves on from this long-term affection, making things too late for Natsukawa.
Good analogy, I see that some readers have brains :kek: Don’t want to spoil anything but Sajou wavers a lot through the LN, it is pretty unclear what the outcome will be at this point.

Dex-chan lover
Good analogy, I see that some readers have brains :kek: Don’t want to spoil anything but Sajou wavers a lot through the LN, it is pretty unclear what the outcome will be at this point.
Hahaha thanks, I don't mind spoilers that much specially for a rom-com. I just read a recent manga adaptation of a romcom LN and a spoiler would've saved me time instead of reading dumpster fire of a romcom.
I better start to like reading LNs as well - it really feels it's a whole different world when it comes to LNs from what I see.

Group Leader
Hahaha thanks, I don't mind spoilers that much specially for a rom-com. I just read a recent manga adaptation of a romcom LN and a spoiler would've saved me time instead of reading dumpster fire of a romcom.
I better start to like reading LNs as well - it really feels it's a whole different world when it comes to LNs from what I see.
Yeh, in the case of this series, don’t bother with the anime, they are just speeding through the novel and leaving out a lot of content, the manga still leaves details out but not as severe as the anime, I haven’t continued reading the novel, the last thing I remember is sajou meeting a “university” girl and there is where I stopped. I have a lot of LN’s to read :kek: I have to continue with the angel next door and re:zero, I bought the volumes months ago but haven’t had the time to get to them.

Dex-chan lover
"I was a rusty tap, but reincarnated after giving all my love! I'm not loving again!"
Didn't realise this was an isekai. What a slow-burn reveal! :dogkek:

Dex-chan lover
Yeh, in the case of this series, don’t bother with the anime, they are just speeding through the novel and leaving out a lot of content, the manga still leaves details out but not as severe as the anime, I haven’t continued reading the novel, the last thing I remember is sajou meeting a “university” girl and there is where I stopped. I have a lot of LN’s to read :kek: I have to continue with the angel next door and re:zero, I bought the volumes months ago but haven’t had the time to get to them.
Thanks for the advise! I really appreciate this. Thanks again for the chapter and good luck on that backlog; I fully understand since I also have a backlog of my own in my other hobby :LOL: (plamo building)

Dex-chan lover
Eh, LN is getting boring with the whole "big antagonist enemy bs". It doesn't fit the flow. I do like that Sajou is smarter than he shows but he still did not really shown himself. The anime is meh though, they not only skip through but outright change important shit.

Group Leader
Thanks for the advise! I really appreciate this. Thanks again for the chapter and good luck on that backlog; I fully understand since I also have a backlog of my own in my other hobby :LOL: (plamo building)
But is it more expensive than building mechanical keyboards? :kek:

Supporter
Eh, LN is getting boring with the whole "big antagonist enemy bs". It doesn't fit the flow. I do like that Sajou is smarter than he shows but he still did not really shown himself. The anime is meh though, they not only skip through but outright change important shit.
If you're talking about the east-west thing, that's not new. If anything, it's been left relatively unexplored so I hope we'll get some movement on that front. Unfortunately, given where the WN is headed following the events of LN 8, that doesn't seem imminent.

And, yeah, the anime choices are less than mid.

Dex-chan lover
so... what's up with the old tap metaphore?
obviously enough, it symbolizes the relationship between the two main characters, how Sajou gave all his affection to Natsukawa to the point she got tired of it, and now that he is "broken" he won't give it to her anymore, tho she now has grown to miss it
so what's the point in showing us that? we already know that much. it's almost weird

Dex-chan lover
If you're talking about the east-west thing, that's not new. If anything, it's been left relatively unexplored so I hope we'll get some movement on that front. Unfortunately, given where the WN is headed following the events of LN 8, that doesn't seem imminent.

And, yeah, the anime choices are less than mid.
I meant the embezzlement scheme that they brought up in LN 5 and for what the stuco recruited Sajo so he can "protect" Natsukawa. Since the novels are relatively short I read the first 5 in 1 go but kinda got burned out so I stopped halfway at LN6. I don't think they will stretch the whole festival further than LN7, but who knows. Where's the WN heading though?

Dex-chan lover
I have read the web novel, the light novel, and now the manga, and I STILL don't get the cup analogy

Supporter
I meant the embezzlement scheme that they brought up in LN 5 and for what the stuco recruited Sajo so he can "protect" Natsukawa. Since the novels are relatively short I read the first 5 in 1 go but kinda got burned out so I stopped halfway at LN6. I don't think they will stretch the whole festival further than LN7, but who knows. Where's the WN heading though?
I put the money-laundering scheme under the heading of "east-west stuff" because, barring further revelations, that's what it seems to be.

The festival continued into LN 8 (most of which took place on its second day). In that volume, due to a whole host of events, Kaede had to send Wataru off to handle an enraged Shinonome with murderous intent. He manages to wrest a pair of sewing shears from her hands but then has to face her suicidal turn when she grabs an Xacto knife and holds it against her own throat. Wataru manages to stop this by stabbing his own left hand clear through with the shears, grossing her out and clearing her senses.

In the current WN space, Shinonome has apparently pulled enough strings not to be confined in any way after all this and confronts Wataru several days later intending to apologize. Aika, who is walking home with him as has become their routine by this point, makes the mistake of being curious and asks her what happened. Shinonome gives her a very incomplete version of what happened that day to which Wataru, bound by an NDA he gave in exchange for medical treatment of his injuries, is unable to provide a disgusted Aika more context. The distance between the two is stretched even further by a seat change the next day, making it all but impossible for the rift to heal normally.

That's all that the post-LN8 WN has focused on as of the first of August. The bigger story (and even the major subplots leading out of the festival) hasn't really been touched.

Supporter
so... what's up with the old tap metaphore?
obviously enough, it symbolizes the relationship between the two main characters, how Sajou gave all his affection to Natsukawa to the point she got tired of it, and now that he is "broken" he won't give it to her anymore, tho she now has grown to miss it
so what's the point in showing us that? we already know that much. it's almost weird
It seems like it's there to show that Wataru, at some level, understands exactly what's happening between them these days, even if he's putting on a somewhat deliberate act of density about it because, at this point anyway, he refuses to allow himself to get his hopes up again.

A good bit later, she'll actually grab hold of him from behind as they walk home together and hold tightly to him for quite some time, her hands running all over his chest and torso before slowly pulling away with the excuse that "I tripped". Wataru knowingly allows her to walk away with that ridiculous excuse intact because he has become conscious of her need for him that dream symbolized. (Whether or not he's fully conscious of exactly how much more that cup will now hold and whether or not he feels capable or even worthy to fill that cup again is the main driver of events in later books.)

Group Leader
Well her name in Japanese would be りほし(Rihoshi) but in English (and Spanish) Lihoshi sounds better.

Edit: if I am not mistaken the L sound (la, li, lu, le and lo) in Japanese change to the closest sound possible which would be the R (ra, ri, ru, re and ro). But don’t take it at value, I could be %100 wrong since my knowledge in Japanese doesn’t go beyond basic personal presentation and the hiragana lol
her name is Iihoshi (飯星, いいほし)

Group Leader
her name is Iihoshi (飯星, いいほし)
I was %100 wrong then :kek: Thanks for pointing that out, since I am TLing from Spanish they have been using Lihoshi, since I am thinking of redoing chap 18 I might need to change it then. Again, haven’t read the novel since the “university” girl part so I didn’t remember names all that well.

Dex-chan lover
I've forgot everything i read on ln few years ago... and anime feels weird in terms of pace and events. Like this ch is diff than anime where sajo got hit by water by himself while in anime he protect natsukawa

Dex-chan lover
Translating it is not too bad, especially if I do it from Spanish, but I am not going to cope with assholes only bitching around about the TL instead of giving useful feedback. Especially if they are only going to do it privately (on discord of all places).
it still doesn’t make sense, what is talking about when he says “banished”?

Dex-chan lover
most translators can do a much better job than you, don’t act so bitter

Users who are viewing this thread