Yumenashi-sensei no Shinroshidou - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - The Dream Crusher's Day Off Part 1

Dex-chan lover
So that is how he spends his day off. I was wondering how he knew about each profession so much. Also his broken award makes me curious about his history, I hope we can see it one day. This is just a break from the male idol story right? Or is that completed and now we are looking at the male idol fan story after this? Either way I can't wait.
Thanks for the chapter.

Power Uploader
Hm, it wasn't translated, but it was a golden award, meaning first place. Now I'm curious why that wasn't enough for his Mum.

I'm always struck by the restrictive upbringing of children that's so often depicted in manga. Just let the poor boy wear his shoes as he wants, woman.

Now I'm wondering what Takanashi would say to a student who's truly extraordinary at what they want to do. Then again, the train engineer kid had extensive knowledge from a young age, so I think Takanashi takes talent into account when issuing his warnings.

Group Leader
Hm, it wasn't translated, but it was a golden award, meaning first place. Now I'm curious why that wasn't enough for his Mum.

I'm always struck by the restrictive upbringing of children that's so often depicted in manga. Just let the poor boy wear his shoes as he wants, woman.

Now I'm wondering what Takanashi would say to a student who's truly extraordinary at what they want to do. Then again, the train engineer kid had extensive knowledge from a young age, so I think Takanashi takes talent into account when issuing his warnings.
damn I knew I was missing something. Let me fix that real quick.

Also because she said "you're MY child", I have to assume she's also a pianist. and she's setting unrealistic standards on her kid.

Last edited:
Supporter
Thank you so much for the chapter! I was bracing myself for more idol drama so the change of pace was really refreshing. It was interesting to see how far the teacher's obsession with his student's dreams.

Dex-chan lover
Not just restrictive, but possibly even neglectful. The kid is complaining about his toes, so it sounds like his feet have already outgrown his current shoes--it's not even just a matter of what he wants to do. It's pretty impressive of the author to portray that much depth in such a short scene.

Dex-chan lover
Sensei learns all about his student's careers so that if any of them start to succeed in a career that he has expressed disapproval of, like Ryoto , then he can use his knowledge of the industry to stalk them and sabotage their careers
That's why sensei is stalking Ryoto and following the group message boards.
He doesn't want to be proven wrong.
He's the careers counselor, so if he says your career is going to fail , he's going to make sure you fail the same way he failed to be a Pianist. Sensei wants to be seen as the insightful hero giving out tough love, when really he wants to drag every student down to his level. If he couldn't succeed in his dream to be a pianist, then no student is allowed to succeed.

I believe in Ryoto and his ability to overcome his creepy freakazoid teacher's stalking and harrassment and attempts to sabotage Ryoto's fanbase.

Dex-chan lover
Sensei learns all about his student's careers so that if any of them start to succeed in a career that he has expressed disapproval of, like Ryoto , then he can use his knowledge of the industry to stalk them and sabotage their careers
That's why sensei is stalking Ryoto and following the group message boards.
He doesn't want to be proven wrong.
He's the careers counselor, so if he says your career is going to fail , he's going to make sure you fail the same way he failed to be a Pianist. Sensei wants to be seen as the insightful hero giving out tough love, when really he wants to drag every student down to his level. If he couldn't succeed in his dream to be a pianist, then no student is allowed to succeed.

I believe in Ryoto and his ability to overcome his creepy freakazoid teacher's stalking and harrassment and attempts to sabotage Ryoto's fanbase.
I mean it would be an interesting twist if Ryoto did end up succeeding/climbing to the top but i imagine he'll be his own downfall messing around with gachikois (stans), if anything it prolly would've been better to fool around at a Host Club since they stereotypically rely heavily on the alcohol/everyone's drunk versus a career where it's infamously known to be a 'no relationships' kinda thing, unless he was already scouted by a 'higher up' group to where he'd have more body guards to help against the stalkers (which would be kinda hard at this point if he's already invited them to his bedroom lol)

Dex-chan lover
Not just restrictive, but possibly even neglectful. The kid is complaining about his toes, so it sounds like his feet have already outgrown his current shoes--it's not even just a matter of what he wants to do. It's pretty impressive of the author to portray that much depth in such a short scene.
I did find it odd that he didn't 'butt in' and tell the mom that her kids shoes were too small, but at least he didn't kick the baseball kid when he's down tho i suppose pissing off a neighbor wouldn't be ideal, unless he only 'crushes' dreams when you become a teen (tho a teen might be even more stubborn/double down on it outta spite versus a kid [I never had strong goals myself but i can totally imagine some ppl at that age being like "Fuck you, i'll become successful anyways" and motivated from spite more than encouragement lol])

Dex-chan lover

I wonder if he'd have an out of character emotional fit if a student ever told him they wanted to be a pianist lol

Or even something similar like, "I don't really like __, but it's what my parents do and they're basically forcing me to follow in their footsteps/I don't have a choice"

Supporter
I cannot stress enough how important for the entire manga this chapter was
Giving it's "main character" more layers and making him feel more like a human being and less like a robot plot device that says the solution to teenager stupidity means that we can actually connect to him as a character and care about him as much as we care about the kids (except the idol one i hope he gets hit by golden experiencie requiem)

Dex-chan lover
MC is broke because he bought too many books...

Doge-Crying.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread