Yuugai Shitei Doukyuusei - Vol. 2 Ch. 32 - Miyakonojou-san Goes Shopping

Dex-chan lover
These two always get a laugh out of me! Can’t wait to see the pool chapter!!

BCS

Dex-chan lover
Can you even wear a one-piece with tits that big?

Page 5: Miyakonojou teaches Miyako common sense - what the hell is that? 🤣

Aggregator gang
It's probably just me but, doesn't it look like that Reika seems to have low self esteem at times ?
It didn't come to her that people where looking at her too ?

it's not the first time i get that impression, but it's particuliary obvious here.

In the end it's a comedy, i know, and maybe i'm looking too much into it, but still.

@Tonius It isn't just you Reiko has expressed multiple times that she's scared of being I guess abandoned by Miyako but I dont think she has low self esteem, I mean you have to have a relatively high view of your self in order to openly be as big of a pervert as she is.

More so i think its some combination of anxiety and paranoia she has most if not all of the symptoms actually, I mean she's borderline disconnected from reality, she's delusional, she's obsessive, etc and then obviously the anxiety that Miyako might hate her some day.

Dex-chan lover
So, addressing anyone who is expressing their surprise at Miyakonojou being the "reasonable one" in this chapter: the gradually unveiled secret of this manga is that it's not "reasonable girl vs. weird girl". It's *two weird girls*, and their friendship is all about helping pull each other closer to the golden mean between two extremes. They're good for each other. That's what makes it so charming.

It's not the first time Miyakonojou had the role of "the reasonable one". Masturbation *is*, after all, perfectly normal, and dare I say perfectly healthy.

Dex-chan lover
@Dee_215

I think "low self-esteem" does apply to Miyakonojou-san. What she perceives as her biggest flaw is that she a) isn't normal, and b) sucks at pretending she is something she's not. She sees other people easily playing a game of masks that she just doesn't know how to take part in. What's the point of friendship without honesty?

You may be thinking of the timid girls you see in other manga from time to time, who desperately hang onto their position in a toxic group of friends as the one everybody else dumps on, who pretend they're not hurt by the way they're treated and laugh along because, in their mind, being alone and isolated is their only other alternative. Miyakonojou-san is slightly better off than those girls not because she has higher self-esteem, but because she *can't* pretend and laugh along. She simply lacks the ability.

Honestly, Miyakonojou-san actually reads as somewhere on the high end of the autism spectrum to me, but that might be taking it too far.

The world is ending. Miyakonojou-san is actually making sense for most of this chapter. What is happening right now?

Users who are viewing this thread