Yuusha ga Shinda!

I'm gonna be a dick and say the author put way too many details into his story

We go from the basic premise of "it's a fantasy but the twist is the hero is dead and his zombie body has to be used by the guy who killed him to keep up appearances" and somehow we go from there to "the maou is actually dead" "everyone is actually zombies" and "necromancers from hell are good guys fighting against necromancers who are outside hell" and "pretty much everyone we thought was bad is good"
And now it's "the world is actually the world of the gods and hell is actually the original world which was a magitech futurist dimension-crossing civilization and the gods are just the children of an upper-god race and there are outer gods who want to ruin everything and demons are actually humans etc".

There's way too much extra worldbuilding here that, while interesting, is probably not necessary to a story which was originally just about a guy who likes thighs, likes digging traps and has a tsundere childhood friend- simple as.

@maisonaustyn
If a manga having a long title is a "no" from you then I assume you've got maybe 2 or 3 manga you actually read.

Like what next is there to be revealed- Touka is actually a bioweapon created as a last resort by the gods and the power is dormant in his soul or something? Also one unanswered question- Famria was alive this whole time and in charge of the heroes in the sword, why did she assist the heroes knowing that they were merely pawns of the necromancer lords?

Huge spiel and tons of bullshit but the long and short of it is he prioritizes Anri's happiness. Best girl end here we come.

Group Leader
one of the best manga i have read great Plot and Ecchi and enough Comedy to make you laugh out loud . seriously this also really popular in Japan totally recommended to read this .

Fed-Kun's army
@Kcjpunk

It surprises me there isn't a North America release or anime considering how popular and...well cross-culturally appealing it is.

Truly, a joyous masterpiece.

Group Leader
of course this is really popular in Japan otherwise this would have been axed long time ago main reason for not getting anime because this shounen and most of the shounen manga main character is good and don't use dirty tricks to fight with the enemy but touka would definitely use dirty tactics to fight i recently chat with a Japanese person he said their Japanese anime companies tend to make shounen main characters good so that they can give their society to some kind of message. well for me I'm glad they didn't make an anime if they did they probably gonna screw this up big time

I tried starting to read this manga several times but the first few chapters always turned me off, however after finally making it through those first few I binged the whole thing, great read! Great mix of humor and action!

Dex-chan lover
Is there any info how much chapters/volumes until the end? It seems close but everytime it looked we are close there suddenly appears another obstacle. I feel that trying hard to make it even longer gonna make it worse overall.

so... they were talking about some serious shit... while they were fucken' naked....

Group Leader
Does the MC ever gain any shred of basic decency or does he just stay as pretty much a joke character the whole time? I'm guessing not because after reading a few of the comments on here it seems like this is mostly just a comedy manga.

Dex-chan lover
ah yes
this perverted train wreck
through all the character development touka has undertaken,
not once has he seemed to show any basic human decency whatsoever
also, they finally fucking explained how empty exuvia worked
and
d'ah shit that last chapter was amazing

@DrHizzle If people still cant see beyond his perverted acts and think he has no shred of human decency then thay have not been reading this manga. It is a comedy manga but the MC has shown plenty of times how much he cares for the people around him. Shit he is blindfolded and putting his complete trust in his friends to get him to the final battle. That is not something someone would just do even if the idea behind why he is doing it is silly.

Dex-chan lover
Holy crap I love this series. Granted the first 10-20 chapters, I won't deny were the weakest. But that was before an actual ARC in the story... once the ball starts rolling, this series just starts rolling into higher and higher stakes that you really wouldn't expect from the first 10 chapters. It's just... Amazing!

Edit: Reread the first few chapters. What the hell was I talking about... this series is amazing through and through... I still stand by the higher stakes though. It doesn't just stay as a comedy the entire way.

THis is giving me anime vibes that i havent felt in years. First of all, Slow start but lovable Buildup, this a manga that Mixes in alot of comedy but with hints of tragedy and Reason to this, the characters are lovable, If you dont think too shallow and dont give up easily, they are lovable. This is amazing.
Oh god This is the best isekai that melted and Worked with me thus far.

I will purchase this manga series when I get a job. Above all, I rate this a solid 9.5/10. it Gives me the feeling of attachment and enough content and reason to make me love it.
This manga Is the type where You dont judge by the first impressions but think why it’s playing out that way.

Users who are viewing this thread