Yuusha Party o Tsuihou Sareta Beast Tamer, Saikyou Shu Nekomimi Shoujo to Deau - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Fed-Kun's army
Certainly it makes sense how the cat tribe is almost extinct, if they are all this gullible, and give out their freedom/independence like that to a total stranger basically...

But yeah, I think this is pretty terrible writing.

Dex-chan lover
Wait. If he just wanted to get to know her better, then why form a contract with her? And why the fuck would she let him control her after literally just meeting him a few minutes ago. My expectations were low but god damn.

Supporter
... Ok like I was just gonna roll with the low-tier "get kicked out" trope but... this??
I turned off my brain in preparation to read this and my head somehow STILL hurts.

Aggregator gang
I will suppose the contract makes both strong, as otherwise its useless if its just allows him to control her and nothing more. Maybe he can BUFF her

Dex-chan lover
i feel the wording on Page 14 about "controlling" made this chapter feel uncomfortable for many. had the translators (or author) gone for a more generic "wanna try contracting me?", it could have left a better impression of the situation, since being able to control someone just feels alot closer to actual slavery...

The moral implications are horrendous.
He basically is enslaving someone he recognizes as intelligent and thinks "yup this seems like a good way to make friends".

Dex-chan lover
Oh Japan, you and your weird casual acceptance of slavery conditions as natural and in a baffling way noble. And no, qualifying them as being closer to indentured servitude than chattel slavery doesn't really make it better.

Dex-chan lover
The target animals have to mention their own name to be tamed? Were the previous animals he tamed can also speak or what?

Users who are viewing this thread